UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nelly136
    nelly136

weird I just clicked on it and it worked for me, yep theyre in the list hawk
    nelly

. http://www.uia.org/uialists/ndx/org/org122.htm

The undersigned NGOs have all valued the Human Dimension meetings, throughout the years and in their various formats

Human Rights Without Frontiers

Greek Helsinki Monitor

Minority Rights Group International

Minority Rights Group - Greece

Kyrgyz Committee for Human Rights

Administrative Center for Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

Federation of Western Thrace Turks in Europe

Baden Turk Dernekleri Koordinasyon Kurulu

European Human Rights Office, Church of Scientology

Slovak Helsinki Committee

International Helsinki Federation

European Roma Rights Center

Society for the Protection of National Minorities in Central Europe

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

nelly,

Thanks.

However, I don't see your point.

NGOs are non governmental organizations. The Watchtower is one of these corporations. However, it is the NGOs "association" or "partnership" or "consultative" status that is important. For example with the UN, the NGOs "associate" status with the UN's DPI requires the NGO to VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO SUPPORT and RESPECT the UN charter and thus, the United Nations.

Can you help me a little with this. You mentioned in another post about these NGOs like the WTS signed a petition on human rights. This is typical for the WTS, who tries to twist a "human right" to a free religion with a "corporation's right but not a human's right" to a free religion.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Update:

I contacted the UN this morning and unfortunately Mr. Hoeffel is ill today. So I will try again tomorrow to see if we can make contact.

Patience, I need patience.

hawk

• detective
    detective

Hi Mommy & Machislopp,
    Thank you for volunteering to be possible contacts. I did send a rough draft of the "press release" to Randy (Dogpatch). I'm not particularly adept at this type of writing so I'm torn over the approach my rough draft has taken. I would like to get this going sooner rather than later but want to be sure that it seems worthy of outsider interest without being so dramatic that they'd write off the issue as just some kooky cult antics that have no bearing on the outside world. I will email you both.
    Has anyone else considered attempting to contact the press? If so, I'd be interested in hearing their input.

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

I pasted this quote from MadApostate:

"Has anyone yet thought that maybe it would be a good idea to send to the UN-DPI a listing of recent UN condemning quotes from WTS (even more than those above) and ask DPI whether these are the type of positive informational and educational activities that the UN expects of its affiliated NGOs"?

My question is; What would you like to see happen to the WTS? I read so much hatred towards it in your post. What have they done to make you so angry?

Sincerely wanting a reply

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Major News

As of 11:45 this morning (I had a telphone call this morning with the reference department person named Holly at 212-963-7234), I can tell you that the Watchtower HAS DISASSOCIATED ITSELF FROM THE UNITED NATIONS DPI!!!!!!

The DPI is now taking them off the list.

Everybody who is in authority at DPI is in a meeting and won't be available until 1:00pm edst. I will be phoning then to get someone in authority over this issue.

So what do you folks think of that???

I will be attempting to get something in writing seeing the DPI investigation is complete with the WTS leaving.

hawk

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

hawkaw:

>> the Watchtower HAS DISASSOCIATED ITSELF FROM THE
    >> UNITED NATIONS DPI!!!!!!

Did they send a letter? Just curious.

By having their name removed from the UN's web site, it might be difficult to show that they were ever involved! This is a way for them to revise their history and allow them to lie about ever being connected with the UN! They can simply deny being part of it, unless there's some indication on the UN's web site that still lists their name, but marked as "disassociated."

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

as I have already written in the other

post, I couldn't get the line to the web. And now I had

the possibility to read Hawk's message:

"As of 11:45 this morning (I had a telphone call this morning with the reference department person named Holly at 212-963-7234), I can tell you that the Watchtower HAS DISASSOCIATED ITSELF FROM THE UNITED NATIONS DPI!!!!!!

The DPI is now taking them off the list."

Well, as I did start this thread I think I'll finish

with this:

I'M SURPRISED and ASTONISHED by the speed of

the action taken by the WTBS, which after all

carefully hid this " link " with the " image

of the scarlet-colored wild beast " for over

10 long YEARS !!!

Still I wish to thanks everyone who partecipated in

this thread, with great patiece, efforts, researches

and great comments. It was so nice to have made this

special " T R I P " ALL TOGETHER.

Thanks to you all, and my personal greetings,

James Charles MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Kent
    Kent

Well, Mac - they didn't quite manage to hide their tracks, though. I have posted screendumps on the Watchtower Observer on the Members Page, and I have saved the page itself:))

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

They are still showing up on the website though....at least on the page I have bookmarked......Wonder how long before they take their name of the UN's site?

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit