"Jehovah Unmasked!"

by sf 71 Replies latest social current

• Cat-er-daynightfever
    Cat-er-daynightfever
    So he's not omnipotent, then? Didn't he lie when he told Adam that eating the fruit would kill him the same day?

IMO, just as in the physical sense, I believe that could apply to death in the spiritual sense (along with dooming the physical body/losing immortality -- a sentence of physical death), hence the need for salvation.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Nate Merit

Welcome to the forum. Just to let you know we only allow one account poer person on this site, therefore I have removed your "That Nate Guy" & "Jeb" accounts.. Please continue to use the Nate Merit account

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

I'de like to know Nate if youv'e read anything on the idea that the Sumerian god Enki later known as Ea was also the later know Yah/Yaw/YHWH that we know as Jehovah, I've been reading about this and it seems very interesting, I also want to get your book it peaked my interest. I've also read that YHWH was at one time know as a storm god that lived on a mountain, and that he had a consort, there is an ancient tablet found in the Far East that says something like "Thanks to Yaweh's Asherah (which means consort), needles to say I was very shocked at the time.

There is so much information available now at one's fingertips, this will hopefully help people open their eyes and see Religion for the farce that it is.

IC

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

I'de like to know Nate if youv'e read anything on the idea that the Sumerian god Enki later known as Ea was also the later know Yah/Yaw/YHWH that we know as Jehovah, I've been reading about this and it seems very interesting, I also want to get your book it peaked my interest. I've also read that YHWH was at one time know as a storm god that lived on a mountain, and that he had a consort, there is an ancient tablet found in the Far East that says something like "Thanks to Yaweh's Asherah (which means consort), needles to say I was very shocked at the time.

There is so much information available now at one's fingertips, this will hopefully help people open their eyes and see Religion for the farce that it is.

IC

Hello Ice!

Yes, I am familiar with this, except for the view of Yahweh as a storm god dwelling atop a mountain. Though I would be surprised if this weren't so. The closer one examines the gods of the fertile crescent, the easier it is to see their common root, something you have already discovered. I was still a Baptist minister when I first encountered the various female consorts of Yahweh, such as Asherah and Shekinah, and I too was scandalized.

There is indeed a lot of information available, the problem is that it is almost impossible to get a fundamentalist to read anything that doesn't merely repeat and reinforce what they already believe and think.

You'll enjoy my book. It'll give you plenty of 'ammo' to use in discussion with fundamentalists. I wrote it for maximum shock effect upon the beliefs of conservative evangelicals and fundamentalists, using the Bible to question and radically undermine their most cherished dogmas and assumptions. This induces a state of confusion and uncertainty that is usually conducive to deprogramming, if someone is available to do the deprogramming. So, if you ever need help with someone you have lent the book to, always feel free to email me for any assistance in helping someone to transition out of fundamentalism. Feel free to email me with any questions, comments, objections, and suggestions. I may very well include such information in the second edition. Thanks!

Nate

• sf
    sf
    I may very well include such information in the second edition.

Very good.

sKally

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Nate, reading Jehovah Unmasked has been more helpful to me than anything else, since I've come out of the org. We had a great thread on your Donald Duck/Jehovah comparison around the same time as this particular thread. Thank you very much for researching and writing Jehovah Unmasked.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Sherry!

Thank you for the welcome. You have a very intelligent and pretty face.

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hello Angharad!

Thank you for the welcome, and an extra "thank you!" for deleting the other screen names. Everything is working properly now, and I'm pleased.

I'm enjoying getting to know fellow former JW's here. It's been a long time, 33 years, since I was "in the Truth," but I still have an interest in the doings of the WTBTS.

Before signing onto this message board, I frequented the main website to see what was going on in the Watchtower World.

Thank you again
    Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

THANK YOU Flying High!

You're most welcome.

You, and those fortunate enough to share a heart as warm as yours, give me reason to be glad that I wrote Jehovah Unmasked. I am so very pleased that it's helped you.

I am working on a second edition of the book even though it has only been available for a few weeks as a printed book. Please feel free to send me questions, comments, objections, and suggestions. This will help me in improving and expanding the book.

[email protected]

Divine blessings to you Flying High!
    Nate

• aniron
    aniron

Sounds a bit like Charles Taze Russell. Became disgruntled with the religion he had. Goes off and looks at others, including Eastern religions. And what did he come up with !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit