"Jehovah Unmasked!"

by sf 71 Replies latest social current

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

The last thing I want is another flock to lead! If you knew me in real life, you would laugh that anyone would even suggest that to me. My aim in life now is to enable people to stand on their own two feet spiritually, not having to rely on anyone, not even me!

Rather than lead you and tell you what to think, I simply lay the facts out, draw my conclusions, and invite the reader to draw their own. If their conclusions match mine, my book supplies a reading list for further study.

Not anyone's pastor or leader,
    Nathaniel J. Merritt Met. D.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

What on earth has given you any idea that I wish to control you? What in my wiritngs has led you to such a monstrous calumny? Have you read Jehovah Unmasked? If you had, you would know my stated convictions on so-called spiritual leaders! My book is not an appeal for people to swim in my wake, but to stand on their own two feet. Having taken more than a little psychology, I could hazard several guess about you, but I will abstain. I abstain because I really do not know you. At all. Hint.

The internet seems to bring out the viciousness in people.

http://jcnot4me.com/Items/theology/JEHOVAH_UNMASKED/jehovah_unmasked.htm

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Nate, since you don't include the text from the post you are replying to its very difficult to know who you are responding to. If you notice along the top of the text box (in the reply mode) there is a balloon with a quotation mark inside it. If you place your cursor inside the text box and then click on that, it inserts a quote box inside your message. You can then cut and paste the words you are replying to.

By the way, welcome to the group.

Sherry

• daystar
    daystar

Mr. Merit,

Wonderful to see you on our little board! If I may make a suggestion, you might be well-served to refer to or quote the person to whom you are responding. A page of responses that don't refer back to what it is in response to is a quite difficult thing to make sense of.

Again, welcome!

• daystar
    daystar
    What on earth has given you any idea that I wish to control you?

You misread, or perhaps I was unclear. I did not mean to imply that you were attempting to control anyone. I was speaking more generally. I apologize for the lack of clarity on my part.

• daystar
    daystar
    Having taken more than a little psychology, I could hazard several guess about you, but I will abstain.

Oh, and thank you! I've often considered a little psychoanalysis. Are you offering free sessions?

(Really, I don't much appreciate your sidelong ad hominem comments towards me. Although, since you misunderstood what I was saying (likely my own fault), I will overlook it. I will also mention that despite the interest I have in the subject, your reactions to comments left on a board you are obviously unfamiliar with is not quite working in your favor should you wish to gain interest in selling your books, literature, etc. here)

• VM44
    VM44

Hello Nate Merit,

I ordered your book a weeek or so ago, and am looking forward to reading it.

--VM44

• Jeb
    Jeb

Hello one and all

My apologies. This is the most difficult to use message board I ever have encountered. Every other board I have ever used, one simply responds to a particular post, and it is posted under their post, creating a thread.

If anyone here wishes to contact me, I invite your emails at:

[email protected]

Questions, comments, suggestions, objections are all welcome. Intelligent objections, questions and suggestions, when Jehovah Unmasked was online, enabled me to write a far better book than would have been possible without the feedback. That's why I posted it online until it was complete.

The owner/operator of this site has somehow been offended by my posts, so I had to re-register under a different sn. I'm writing a new book, so I really have no time to play the moderators game. ;)

I look forward to hearing from any or all of you.

Divine blessings to all of you in these moronic Dubya Times,

• That Nate Guy
    That Nate Guy
    Having taken more than a little psychology, I could hazard several guess about you, but I will abstain.

Oh, and thank you! I've often considered a little psychoanalysis. Are you offering free sessions?

No, Daystar, but I often refer people. I could probably find an excellent psychiatrist or psychologist in your area if you feel the need.

(Really, I don't much appreciate your sidelong ad hominem comments towards me. Although, since you misunderstood what I was saying (likely my own fault), I will overlook it. I will also mention that despite the interest I have in the subject, your reactions to comments left on a board you are obviously unfamiliar with is not quite working in your favor should you wish to gain interest in selling your books, literature, etc. here)

20-Oct-05 12:32 Oct 20, 2005 by daystar:

Nor do I appreciate yours Daystar. What, you think I'm just going to belly up for people here and play dead? People who make snap judgements about folks they've never met or even emailed with? LOL. I didn't come here to sell books, my book is doing very well thank you. I came here because these posts are readable on Google and I wanted to answer several people who were saying negative things about me. I did that.

I'm a really sociable fellow, but snide remarks and attacks are responded to in kind. Turning the cheek doesn't really work, so I don't indulge in it. I especially detest people who make snide attacks and then play the martyr when they get their fanny knocked upside their heads. If people make nice I make nice too.

I apologize for misunderstanding your initial post about me. I'm still not sure I understand it, but I believe you that no insult was intended.

Your NOT in Joe Hovah,
    THAT NATE GUY
  • That Nate Guy
    That Nate Guy

Sounds like he is a Christian Gnostic. Certainly the WBTS is not the only controlling group or person out there. There are a lot of kooks out there. I refuse to be led. I may be taught, but final judgement is left up to me. I think this is the only way one can approach such things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit