"Jehovah Unmasked!"

by sf 71 Replies latest social current

• sf
    sf

http://people.lulu.com/users/index.php?fHomepage=225208

http://www.lulu.com/content/167431

alt

Description:

The author, Nathaniel J. Merritt, has been hitchhiking his way to Enlightenment since he was a teen. Becoming a Jehovah's Witness at age 15, he was later shunned by them at 19 for smoking pot and having sex. Later in 1973, he was born again as a Jesus Freak.. This spiritual renewal led him to become a Baptist minister in 1980, where he remained for 15 years. Then he dove into the deep waters of Zen Buddhism, and even became a Buddhist priest. After 10 years, he returned to Christianity, but some say he returned as a heretic and blasphemer...
    This book is the culmination of all his seeking and study. In this book, Merritt draws back the curtain on an ancient mysterious, spiritual path that the Catholic church has suppressed since Christianity began. Keeping it light and easy to read, the author takes the reader down the rabbit hole of the real Matrix, and turns the world upside down and inside out. Discover for yourself the lies of God in the Garden of Eden, and the Truth told by the Serpent.

sKally

• daystar
    daystar

Hmm, that looks interesting. I'm fairly familiar, now, with much of the meaning and mystery behind YHVH. (QBLH, four Quabalistics worlds, Gematria involved, four winds, four suits of tarot, four of five points of pentagram, four points of the cross, ad infinitum...)

I also find it interesting how closely that art resembles the cover of a Watchtower mag.

• defd
    defd

It is impossible for God to lie! The word Satan actually means DECEIVER.............

• vitty
    vitty

Is he a gnostic ??. I read about someone , it sounds like him, with some very strange ideas about Jehovah and satan..

The trouble was the more I reasoned it out the more I could see where he was coming from, a bit of a worry for me as im a bit easily lead ( I was in a religious cult for 20 years ) ..........

• vitty
    vitty

Yes, Defd, We

know

• daystar
    daystar

Vitty

Sounds like he is a Christian Gnostic. Certainly the WBTS is not the only controlling group or person out there. There are a lot of kooks out there. I refuse to be led. I may be taught, but final judgement is left up to me. I think this is the only way one can approach such things.

• VM44
    VM44

Hi daystar,

I would like to know more about the "meaning and mystery behind YHVH". What did you find out about the name "Jehovah"?

Can you recommend any books on the topic?

--VM44

• daystar
    daystar

VM44

You might want to look for books on Qaballah (kaballah, cabala, QBLH are some alternative spellings). First, the ten names for God used in Genesis (original Hebrew) are placed upon what is called the Tree of Life. There are tons of books out there on the subject, and tons of websites as well. I would recommend Dion Fortune's The Mystical Qaballah. Some of her extrapolations and conclusions are a bit "old-fashioned" for some people's tastes, but her depth of understanding of the subject is quite good.

This does not do it anywhere near enough justice, and a Jewish scholar might take offense at it and I would certainly understand. Basically the tetragrammaton contains within it the mystery of creation, the connection between man (the microcosm) and the Divine (the macrocosm), the individual path of Union. From the one name, through the ten, a Path of Return to the Source, using the Hebrew letters and their numerical values to attain enlightenment.

It's interesting as a study even if one doesn't quite believe it all. It at least might provide a more... three-dimensional image of what the Jewish Mystics' idea of JHVH was and is.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Sounds like a series of spiritual trainwrecks. No wonder the guy wrote a book about it all.

• daystar
    daystar

cyg

I also thought that. At least he has stuck with the more egalitarian religions; he has stuck more or less with his basic core value set.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit