"Jehovah Unmasked!"

by sf 71 Replies latest social current

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

A few months ago, this was available to be printed from the internet. I copied it in a Word Document and left it on my PC desktop. Andy saw it one day and read it. He found it fascinating, having been raised in the Catholic church. I then read it, too.

Jehovah unmasked gives a wonderful explanation for why the God of the Bible can say he is one of love in the New Testament, but be a jealous, angry, murderous, unfair, temper tantrum throwing God in the OLd Testament. He points out that God is supposed to be a god of love. And love is not jealous. But the hebrew scriptures constantly tell us how Jehovah is a jealous god. He asserts that according to the beliefs of the gnostic Christians, Jehovah is an under god. He created this material universe, but he's not the highest God. His creation falls woefully short of perfect and Jehovah preceeds to wreak havoc in the earth. Jesus is supposed to help us out of this mess.

It's definitely fascinating reading. We checked out some of the missing gospels and books and read a bit of them. If you think Jehovah is less loving, less forgiving and less moral than you, there's a good reason why you feel this way.

• daystar
    daystar

FHN

I'm familiar with that. The idea goes on that Jehovah (the Demiurge) mistook himself for the Creator and is himself the aggressor for having enslaved mankind in flesh, robbing us of our divine heritage. Jesus was the Messiah and brought to mankind the message of the true God. I have also read that it is believed by at least some Gnostic sects that the serpent in the Garden was an incarnation of the Christos, attempting to free mankind to discover their true Divinity, with Lucifer(phosphorus) the Light Bearer being the same entity.

• VM44
    VM44

sf,

thanks for letting us know about this book, I have ordered a copy.

FlyingHighNow,

"If you think Jehovah is less loving, less forgiving and less moral than you, there's a good reason why you feel this way."

What is the reason why Jehovah is less loving than most people? and...

was the whole book available for download last month? Of course I just find out about the book after the free copy is no longer available.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

daystar,

Thanks for that link. I will visit it tonight and read it in more detail then.

--VM44

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    What is the reason why Jehovah is less loving than most people? and...

Do most people demand exclusive devotion or else kill those they "love"? Only insane or diabolical type characters do this. Think about it. Of course this is the simple version/answer. Read the book. I don't know when they removed the d/l version of the book. I am just glad I found it and read it. It helped me on my way to understanding whyJehovah is a mixture of "good" and evil. It's like a killer telling you that he is your friend and then murdering you for not being his only friend.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Was he not posting here some time ago? I remember a number of posts I would have labeled "Gnostic fundamentalism" (horribile dictu!).

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

It is impossible for God to lie! The word Satan actually means DECEIVER.............

dfed,
    this is a non sequitur of a statement (not logical). just because satan means deceiver, does not mean that jehovah cannot lie. it also does not make satan a liar automatically just because his name is satan. jehovah is the father of the lie since 1, he created everything and 2, he is a cruel bastard. when satan spoke to the two apes in the garden of eden that we call adam and eve, he woke them up to the truth: that they could be like god if they just ate from the tree of knowledge. this makes perfect sense considering that there is no evidence for god's existence. i eat from the tree everyday, and i am god like. tetragod. plus, if it's impossible for jehovah to lie, then that means he is not omnipotent. and if he is not omnipotent, then that means he is not the god you think you are worshiping. and if he is not the god you think you are worshiping, then that means that he could be anything. and if he could be anything, then it also means that maybe he (gasp!) doesn't exist! TS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

FHN

I'm familiar with that. The idea goes on that Jehovah (the Demiurge) mistook himself for the Creator and is himself the aggressor for having enslaved mankind in flesh, robbing us of our divine heritage. Jesus was the Messiah and brought to mankind the message of the true God. I have also read that it is believed by at least some Gnostic sects that the serpent in the Garden was an incarnation of the Christos, attempting to free mankind to discover their true Divinity, with Lucifer(phosphorus) the Light Bearer being the same entity.

Somehow I missed this yesterday. Isn't it funny that so much murder is attributed to Jehovah? He gets a lot more credit for deaths than Satan does for certain.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

defd:

It is impossible for God to lie!

So he's not omnipotent, then? Didn't he lie when he told Adam that eating the fruit would kill him the same day?

The word Satan actually means DECEIVER.............

No, it means accuser or adversary. You really should pay more attention at meetings, defd.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hello

This is Nathaniel J. Merritt, the author of Jehovah Unmasked; the True Identity of the Bible-God Revealed.

The cover art is an adaptation of Michelangelo's "The Creation of Man" from the Sistine Chapel, in Italy. You have probably seen it thousands of times, but the addition of a mask to Jehovah's face evidently confused you into mistaking Michelangelo for a JW hack artist.

Thank you for dicussing my book. To those who purchase it, I am at their service to answer any and all questions and objections.

Divine light to you.

Nathaniel J. Merritt Met. D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit