"Jehovah Unmasked!"

by sf 71 Replies latest social current

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hello

Satan means Adversary. You're confusing the word Satan with the word Devil. Why not have a look at the Greek Lexicon of Strong's Exhaustive Concordance? You can find it online for free. Are you familiar with Google? If not, simply go to www.google.com

Why not order and read Jehovah Unmasked?

You say it is impossible for God to lie, and I agree. It is impossible for the True God, the Heavenly Father of Jesus Christ, to lie. Howver, that is not the whom the god of the OT is:

Here are some examples for you consideration and possible enlightenment:

American Standard Version (ASV) of 1901
    8 and I will set my face against that man, and will make him an astonishment, for a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am Jehovah.
    9 And f the prophet be deceived and speak a word, I JEHOVAH HAVE DECEIVED THAT PROPHET and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.
    10 And they shall bear their iniquity: the iniquity of the prophet shall be even as the iniquity of him that seeketh unto him; EZEKIEL 14:8-10

1 Kings 22:19-23 (American Standard Version)
    19 And Micaiah said, Therefore hear thou the word of Jehovah: I saw Jehovah sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.
    20 And Jehovah said, Who shall entice Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? And one said on this manner; and another said on that manner.
    21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before Jehovah, and said, I will entice him.
    22 And Jehovah said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt entice him, and shalt prevail also: go forth, and do so.
    23 Now therefore, behold, JEHOVAH HATH PUT A LYING SPIRIT IN THE MOTU OF THESE THY PROPHETS and Jehovah hath spoken evil concerning thee.

PLEASE NOTE THAT JEHOVAH DOES NOT MERELY PASSIVELY 'ALLOW' A PROPHET TO BE DECEIVED BUT ACTIVELY DECEIVES THAT PROPHET.

Ezekiel 14:9 (American Standard Version)
    9 And if the prophet be deceived and speak a word, I JEHOVAH HAVE DECEIVED THAT PROPHET, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

Again, Jehovah deceives, he does not merely passively "allow."

You would be much better able to carry on an intelligent, informed discussion of Jehovah Unmasked if you actually read Jehovah Unmasked. It's a trade paperback, 6" X 9", not a cheap little mass-market paperback, and it's fully illustrated with 23 fascinating and strange medieval woodcuts. Once you've read it and absorbed the material you and I can have at it wihout my having to re-invent the wheel for you. That I shall not do.

Are you a student of the Bible? Read Jehovah Unmasked.

Divine light to you,
    Nathaniel J. Merritt Met. D.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

I'm pleased you enjoy Jehovah Unmasked. Very much so. The final version that is now available as an inexpensive paperback is much longer than what you have.

I would also like you to consider the fact that it is copyrighted material, so I would deeply appreciate it if you did not send it around. As a follower of Jesus Christ, I'm quite sure you wish to do the right thing, not the dishonest thing.

Thank you very much and Divine Blessings to you!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    It is impossible for God to lie! The word Satan actually means DECEIVER.............

There's a hockey player who's name is Satan. He's a fairly honest guy from what I've heard. A good hockey player too.

Kwin

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

You certainly are a judgemental sort. You have neither met me nor even emailed with me. In your eyes its better to simply stay with whatever religion you were raised in and not explore the rich diversity of human spiritual thought? I have always looked upon my spiritual journey as an adventure, except for my involvement with the JE's which ended 33 years ago.

Far from being a trainwreck, my involvement in mainstream Christianity, especially as a Baptist minister, was an enriching experience. I mainly ministered to street people, providing them with food, clothing, and temporary shelter. I'm sure you have done more, but that is my own humble contribution.

As for being a Buddhist, it was the most fascinating and freeing experience of my life. I am one of three founders of the Hongaku Jodo sect of Pure Land Buddhis, a thriving sect that is extremely ecumenical in the Buddhist world. I am extremely fond of my days as a Buddhist, and quite happy with my accomplishments.

Buddhism enabled me to be where I am today, and with a rich, fascinating, engrossing tale to tell. Which I shall do in my upcoming book, which I have already completed nine chapters of.

A good day to you.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hello

Your familiarity seems to be extremely superficial, though I might well be mistaken. I do not mean that as an insult, but merely a factual obervation, and as a spur to study if my obervation is indeed true.

My own spiritual experience is more akin to the Cathars. Ergo, my book Jehovah Unmasked is more akin to Cathar teaching.

I look forward to reading your posts once you've read Jehovah Unmaksed. :)

Divine blessings to you.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Thank you for purchasing Jehovah UNmasked, rather than opting for the theft of intellectual property that some people, who profess Christ with their lips but deny him in their actions, do.

The version that was available online is much shorter than the printed version. Much less detailed. It is incomplete.

Thank you again for your purchase. Feel free to email me anytime with questions, observations, objections, and suggestions. :)

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

I am no fundamentalist, Gnostic or otherwise. One must meet one students where they are in life, and my students are in fact fundamentalists and other Biblical literalists. So I speak their language in an attempt to reach them. My sccess, though limited in number, is deep and lasting. Quality over quantity any day. ;)

Divine light to you.
    Nathaniel J. Merritt Me. D.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Satan means Adversary, Diabolos (Devil) means Deceiver. Check it out in Strong's, available online. Simply google Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, and you will also find the Lexicons attached.

Blessings to you,

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

When you read Jehovah Unmasked you will understand why! ;)

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

My apologies that my four year stint of research and writing of Jehovah Unmasked, not to mention having read the Bible from cover to cover at least 50 times over the decades, has led me to some conclusions that differ from yours. ;)

In my own defense, I humbly offer Jehovah Unmasked, now a 228 page trade paperback. In it you will discover why my convictions are as they are.

I look forward to an informed discussion!

http://jcnot4me.com/Items/theology/JEHOVAH_UNMASKED/jehovah_unmasked.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit