Tarot Cards

by free2beme 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Are you ever right? .....I love that stuff! Last night I watched a show on Nostradamus! I am going to buy a book on him!

There used to be 2 ladies(That I know of) around here that used to do readings...hummmmmm I think I will try to see if they are still around!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Daystar:

As I recently commented to Rex, I hold a dualist view of the world which includes "Divine foreordination", but is also steeped in man's free will and responsibility.

While I believe the cards can help us to see the future that we are likely to make for ourselves if we do nothing but continue on the course we are traversing, nonetheless I do not believe it is set in stone. For this reason they are an excellent psychological tool.

I have Jung's "Man and his Symbols" on the shelf beside me

How much do you know about BOTA?

• upside/down
    upside/down

I have a BOTA bag...fill it with Peppermint Schnaaps whenever I go skiing.

u/d(of the ski's better inebriated class)

• daystar
    daystar
    How much do you know about BOTA?

A bit. I spent some time studying with the Fraternitas LUX Occulta (F.L.O.), which is a spinoff of the B.O.T.A, which is a spinoff of the The Golden Dawn.

• daystar
    daystar

And wow. I'm being pretty open here about this.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Funny how many "Mystery Schools" are represented amongst exJWs.

And that, as they say, is another topic for another day

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I would accept the offer and then see how much (if any) of it is true to me at the time. I've had a few readings by a few different people (long before being w/the jw's), and not once has there NOT been any truth to it. Not everything pertained, but I don't see it as bologna.

I can see the interest in it by psychologists.

• Tez
    Tez

Thanks for that Daystar. I do believe 'Little Toe' that our brains have a capacity which we know little about, call it ESP or whatever.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ah, the mind. So poorly understood

• Ellie
    Ellie

This thread has got me thinking, I've always been afraid of this kind of stuff but I'm curious at the same time and I believe the best way to conquer a fear is to confront it, also I'm at quite an exciting time in my life and would like to know what the future holds so I'm off to book a tarot reading tomorrow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit