Tarot Cards

by free2beme 43 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I own five Tarot card decks, and use them often. Not so often that I live my life by them, but enough. One deck is one I use more then others, as I feel more of a connection with the cards. Here is the thing though, as a Witness you would have been told these were demons. If I met you in person now and offered to do a Tarot reading for you, would you ... Accept it and see what was said? Accept it, just because you like to try new things? Reject it, because it scares you still? Reject it, because you are a sceptic?

This is not a poll, respond with what ever response you want, just looking to see what former Witnesses would say. I know that when I left the Witnesses, I kind of skirted the idea of occult type items for awhile, because of all that "demon" fear. About 1999 or so, I decided the fears would be no more and got into a lot more then just Tarot Cards and never looked back. Yet for some reason, when I meet former Witnesses in person, and mention these, I get a lot of negative responses. There is still a lot of fear left from the religion or maybe it is something else.

So, how do you feel about them?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If offered I would accept.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I have two decks. One because I like the pictures and one because I wanted to learn how to read. I got bored really quick. No offense meant by that comment, I just wanted to say I don't think demons are attacking me because of the presence of them in my home.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Had them done and have considered getting my own deck. Both times the reader offered, probably wouldn't have got them done otherwise.

The readings both struck amazingly close to home.

Dams

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I will try anything once ... well maybe twice just to make sure.
    I would accept a reading out of sheer curiousity. I had my palm read about 5 years ago and it was eerily close to home with an interesting 'future' ahead.
    What is wild is that anyone into such things, pyschics, palm readers tarot card readers etc, have all said the same thing to me about be an extremely old soul. Is that there version of a hook?
    Uzzah

• fairy
    fairy

I am interested in all that sort of thing. If someone did my cards, i would take it on board. Depends on how accurate i felt they were.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I have four decks, I love all of them, oh, make that five, I did buy a Final Fantasy deck just to say I have it, but its all in Japanese so I just keep them in the case.

Where do you live? I would definately take you up on a reading!

Sherry

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I own 1 deck, The Fey tarot. Do my own readings when I need a little bit of direction.

I tend to think that that which people believe is "supernatural" is not so supernatural, more a part of a world we're still learning to understand.

So...yeah, I'd let ya do a reading.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I wouldn't seek out and pay someone for a reading but if someone offered, sure. I own one set, when I was buying anything by H.R.Giger, I bought his set because of the art.

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman

Yeah, Gretchen is right...where do you live? I would take you up on it, too. I have one deck, the Rider Waite, and have had a few readings done.

Glenwoodswoman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit