Were You Ever Drunk or High At A Meeting Or In Service?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

An elder in our Hall used to drink his wine before evening meetings regularly, and on more than a few occasions was "buzzed" and laughing up on the platform while giving a talk. His talks were the best! He was clearly "aglow with the spirit(s)."

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I felt that meetings were a sacred thing, and I would never have defiled myself by drinking before a meeting. That would be a sin against Jehover!

Besides, why would anyone want to spoil a good buzz by going to the kingdom hall? Stay home and order pizza, watch TV, and have a few more beers.

W

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maybe he needed to be a bit high to get through that drivel at the hall. For some being drunk makes everything funny.

• JH
    JH

No, I was a good JW.

Just once a few months ago, I went to the hall after drinking 2 beers.

• minimus
    minimus

The elders used to THINK that MAYBE he was drunk but they never went there with their own. I knew, though.

• Preston
    Preston

hmmm, I never understood this.

If you were a JW, ermmm, why would you do a drug? How can drugs create a reality that emcompases anything more bizzare and surreal than anything I experienced as a dub? If you really want to wake up for the week, try to hear one of these elders try to talk for more than a minute on child abuse, 607 BC, the genital times, etc....

- Preston

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

We had a CO over for supper before a meeting, and he polished a bottle of wine off himself. I'd say he had quite the buzz on.

Kwin

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

BTW, I had about 5 beers before a meeting in June that I went to. (I've only been to 2 meetings in the last 3 years. It was a coping mechinism)

Kwin

Good to see you asking questions again Min.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    the genital times,

He said genital....hehehe...

u/d(of the "God" hates foreskins class)

• Ellie
    Ellie

Yes, I went to an all night party one Saturday night and then straight on to the meeting, I was at that tired stage, before the hangover sets in but you're not drunk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit