Were You Ever Drunk or High At A Meeting Or In Service?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well you were right not to usurp headship and cancel the talk against his directive. <rolls eyes at 'headship' concept> LOL, I wish that was on tape. Must have been really funny.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Yeah, so I'm gonna call trump on all of you. My best friend who is still in but recently df'd (I'll let you guess why after the story) and his wife went to the memorial high on coke. Another time he did lines in the bathroom stall. Even I was offended. I didn't go to the memorial this year (nor will I ever again) yet he thought that my actions were more wrong than his. Self righteousness is a funny thing.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    BTW, I had about 5 beers before a meeting in June that I went to. (I've only been to 2 meetings in the last 3 years. It was a coping mechinism)

Kwin

Hey Kwin....If they decide to DF you again think about bringing a bottle of champagne with you to the big event. Pop the cork at the appropriate time..........

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I once snorted coke off of an elders wife's ass in the second school.. okay that never really happened.

GBL

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

LOL GBL.

I had 4 beers right before the bookstudy once and was asked to give the opening prayer. Some girl started giggling during it. Later she said it wasn't my prayer -- the old guy sitting next to her farted.

• prophecor
    prophecor

A funny thing happened to me the night I left the special assembly in say...........'77? I'd left the the meeting after having dumped an entire bag of Panama Red in the parking lot of the Assembly grounds. That night, I thought to myself, " what the Hell was I thinking about? " , went right back to cop some more smoke, and was treated to a shotgun, an entire stick of refer snorted strait to the head, smoked in reverse by a willing participant who blows the smoke from the butt end while the lit end is in thier mouth.

When it was all said and done, I'd thought I'd been transfered to the 2nd heaven, seeing what I thought were to be angels, and having spoke to the Almighty Himself. When it was all said and done, I afterwards begin to reason that maybe I was a bit too high, but I couldn't come back down. Not for about 10 days. It was immediately attributed to my being attacked by the demunz. Everything was experienced thru the strangest subtle filter. Every meeting I went to after that was so surreal. I even went to the back room to enquire of one of the Elders if Jehovah's Witnesses were brain washed. It was the begining of the end of everything I once believed to be normal.

Psychotic Bumpschool began that day. I'm still waiting for recess to end.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I wish I was!

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

At the very last memorial service I attended in 1999, I was definitely very buzzed on some homemade wine! In vino veritas!

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I never did, but my Dad had an interesting thought about this. He's been prescribed some pretty strong stuff for pain. He's asked the CO, if we can't come to the Hall drunk or high on something illegal, why is it OK to come to the meeting on a prescription drug that has the same effect? After trying to take his meds (as prescribed) and give a talk or two, he now foregoes his meds and goes to the meeting in pain so he isn't on stage "under the influence."

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

YES......................

On more than one occasion after a very hard day in one of Pittsburgh's steel mills I would stop at a tavern as did hundreds of other workers. After getting the buzz..........I could not think pleasant thoughts of going to the meeting. BUT......my wife insisted that no matter how tired I was.....even after a double shift that started at 12 AM and ended at 4 PM............I had to make the effort.

After all..............what would Brother janitor think of my spirituality if I wasn't there?

There were many meetings that once I got home from.............I went back to the local bar to bring a 40 home. Then my wife would get pissed if it took a half hour or longer. ( I loved the atmosphere and downed as much as I could as fast as I could so I could get back home. But it was never soon enough)

Thinking back.........I WANTED the association of my WORKING peers...........not the association of wimps!

Guess I wasn't meant to be a dub from the beginning. Sad to say............my being a dub and having to meet all the criteria..........I drank too much for too long. That began my journey into Alcoholics Annonymous...........which in turn began my journey away from the borg once I saw how nice........how GREAT worldly people were/are.

Anyhow.............I don't drink anymore.

Yep............I was under the influence at more than one meeting.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit