Were You Ever Drunk or High At A Meeting Or In Service?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yep............I was under the influence at more than one meeting.

HappyDad

And they didn't call you Happy Dad for nothin'.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

FHN,

I have always been a happy dad.........but back then I was hurting.

Today.........I'm very happy that I left that puss infected cesspool of hurt.

God..........am I pissed tonight! I never thought that a few threads could stir up shiite that I thought was gone forever.

Goes to show............some scars never heal.

HD

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Awww, (((((((((HDad)))))))))))), sometimes we need to let ourselves feel, just feel those emotions. I understand, once I got into my 40's, I had to cry over a lot of things that happened in my childhood and beyond. It was very healing though. I literally cried. It was the first time I could.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Yep. As a rebellious teenager, often the only way I could get through the meeting was to have smoked up before-hand.

So here's a funny one. I used to store my dope (rolled up joints) in a Sucrets tin (for those who don't remember Sucrets, they were a throat lozenge that came in a sort of Altoids-like tin; like Altoids, they had a very strong smell). I stored the joints in the bottom, put the wax paper over them, and the second layer was Sucrets.

I can remember sitting in meetings between my mother and grandmother and passing Sucrets to them, with joints right underneath! And they had no idea what I was doing...I just seemed like such a mellow, happy kid.

Jankyn, 19 years clean and sober; 26 years free of the Tower

• delilah
    delilah

Hey Minimus......does Baptism count?????

• sf
    sf

At first glance I thought it said at an AA meeting.

Ha!

sKally

• minimus
    minimus

Delilah, if I saw someone drunk at their own baptism, I'd laugh my ass off!

• delilah
    delilah

I wasn't drunk, Min, but I was SURE not feeling any pain..... After the deed was done, I got the biggest headache I ever had.....I'm sure it was the devil telling me I'd angered him?! hahaha

Delilah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit