Were You Ever Drunk or High At A Meeting Or In Service?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It's funny to see a person appealing their disfellowshipping souced or high.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No, but you'd have to have me feeling pretty darn good to get me to a meeting now. The last time I went, it was so surreal that it was like visiting a compound or Mormon polygamists. And I wasn't completely enlightened to the falseness of the org. then either. I had been inactive for many years though. I knew that night, late in December 1999, that I could never go back and be a jw again.

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

I never went to the meetings drunk, although on many occasions I would drink after the meetings.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, the meetings are enough to drive anyone to drink.

• jstalin
    jstalin
    We had a CO over for supper before a meeting, and he polished a bottle of wine off himself. I'd say he had quite the buzz on.

Probably the only way he could live with himself

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

ow man i love this site!!! Memories!

i was 16 at the time, I remember going out to Ritzy's nightclub in Bromborough (imagine if they knew that eh) on a Saturday night with my worldly mates and a few brothers, getting well hammered, being on camera on the Hitman and Her, although the elders didnt see that show! Sunday comes round, drag my sorry ass to the KH, and feeling worse for wear, must of dozed off. What was probably seconds later, a brother had answered a question in the WT portion of the meeting, he was sitting a few people down from me, so the huge microphone on a stick came past me, startled my and my audible "shit whats that...." could be heard across the hall! Ahahahhahahahh i was such the model witness! Got a bollicking for that one too!

• keeshah
    keeshah

No, but I owned a "roach clip" before I ever tryed pot.

(no, I don't smoke. I tryed it twice and hated it.)

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

yep.

first time was accidental. i was getting ready to leave work and one of my co-worker's asked if i wanted to ride around w/ her and her boyfriend and smoke a joint. i had smoked her stuff b4 and it was kinda weak, so i said, ''why not?''

oh

my

god

we got soooooooo high it wasn't funny. i was so disoriented by the time they dropped me back at my car, i wasn't sure if i'd make it home. i did. and some how i got ready for and made it to the meeting w/out getting caught. for some reason, everything that was mentioned from the platform that night made perfect sense.

second time wasn't too eventful. i just popped 3 xanax on the way to the convention. i just wandered around like a zombie and slept.

luv, jojo

• rebel8
    rebel8
    made us move "happy hour" to at least 15 minutes after feeding at Jojoba's table

ummmmm.....I wonder why they thought moving it back 5 more minutes would make such a giant difference????? Oh why do I bother trying to figure them out? Nevermind.....

I personally have never had a desire to use drugs and never have. Now alcohol is a different story. ;) Honestly though drinking was not a big deal in my cong. Eating--THAT was the big deal. Everything focused on food. foodfoodfooodfoood I remember a JW who was "weak" and about to leave said, "Why can't we just get together and dance or listen to music? Why does everything have to be a giant buffet?"

Instead of open bar after the book study (1st time I've ever heard of that!), we had desserts.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

No... but my ex was in an accident and was on pain medication. I tried to cancel his talk in the MS, but he insisted on giving it anyway. His talk made absolutely no sense...and he actually imitated a chicken on the platform. I wanted to crawl under the seat.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit