Question for Defd

by gringojj 103 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

So. Where in Isa 9 does it talk about the Paradise Earth? That was part of the the original question of the other thread. But again, this thread has gone totally off topic. Now please, back to the original questions from GringoJJ.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

hush hush Derrick

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Silly man ; . The subject and object of this verse is obvious. His government is merely one of his attributes. Note how the emphasis affects everything.

Now if i were too say that I'd get jumped on as being rude. How come no one is jumping on Gnat? We were trying to have a civil discussion and she chimes in with SILLY MAN. I wont react to it though! But lets look at the book of Daniel as well. It also descibes Jesus a being given rulership of Gods Kingdom (government)

How very noble of you not to...wooops! You reacted to it!

You weren't having a civil discussion. You ruined the civil discussion the moment you called a question DUMB. Which technically, in most quarters of the world, is a logical impossibility. Among Jehovah's Witnesses, a dumb question is any question to which the answer has been given by the Faithful and Discrete Slave. In the case of my dumb question, the question directly relates to whether the Faithful and Discrete Slave is an authority worth appealing to for answers.

Stating, in this case, that the Faithful and Discreet Slave have said this or that is so obviously moot and circular that the JW is forced to examine whether there is Scriptural basis. There is none. Upon discovering that there is a choice to make: Admit I have no Scriptural reason to view the Faithful and Discrete Slave as an authority, or avoid answering the question.

With one exception, with every Witness I have asked (dozens is not an exaggeration) there is no answer forthcoming. That exception is Shadow, an elder. He still has not answered the question directly, but at least he attempts to reason out an explanation from Scripture for why it should not matter. Of course, there is a reason that it matters so much to me. No man is a master over my faith, and I vehemently resist attempts by any who try that crap. The Faithful and Discrete Slave have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. God did not put them there. (Matthew 23:1-12)

OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Brenda,

Derrick already said he is NOT going to answer gringoj. In other words, lying to an atheist is okay. It has nothing whatever to do with the fact that when Derrick started digging he couldn't find ANYTHING in Scripture to support his statements.

OldSoul

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Yes, OldSoul, I know. DefD is highly judicious (or should I say judgemental) in whom he deems fit for his responses.

It's a shame that one who considers themselves an athiest, that their questions are deemed less important or worthy than one who is agnostic, or even suggests they might be christian. And again, as with all Jehovah's Witnesses well trained by their leaders and publications, the subject is changed and scriptures and quotes are used out of context.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Oh the HUMANITY!!! (i.e. Oh the drama!)

defd just requested dramatically to be removed from the forum. He could have just stopped posting. I believe that was phase 5...yep, that was defd -- joining the list of JW apologists that just GIVE UP when they cannot post Scriptural proof for their beliefs.

(1) State something as fact and yell it if you have to.

(2) State that you have support for your claim if anyone challenges the claim.

(3) Deny that the person asking deserves an answer, usually accompanied by a slanderous (libelous in print) judgment regarding motive.

(4) Deny that anyone who is curious about the lack answer also does not deserve an answer, no reason seems to be needed at this stage.

(5) Eventually stop posting to the thread because you can finally see what a horrible Witness you have made for Jehovah's name.

In my opinion, an outstanding exception to this general rule is Shadow.

OldSoul

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah I saw that too. What a Drama Queen

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Oh man, I'm out of the office for a couple of hours and Defd bails? That sucks, I thought we were starting to get through to him. I bet he comes back.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well he wasn't gone long the first time he declared that he wasn't coming back. If he does come back I wouldn't be surprised.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Yea, We are rather addictive, aren't we? And it's not that we won't listen... he gives us nothing to listen to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit