Question for Defd

by gringojj 103 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You can keep saying that til you're blue in the face, some here (because of experience being in the workforce) don't believe you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Silly man. The subject and object of this verse is obvious. His government is merely one of his attributes. Note how the emphasis affects everything.

Isa 9:6

(ASV) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

(BBE) For to us a child has come, to us a son is given; and the government has been placed in his hands; and he has been named Wise Guide, Strong God, Father for ever, Prince of Peace.

(Darby) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name is called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty *God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.

(KJV+) For3588 unto us a child 3206 is born,3205 unto us a son 1121 is given:5414 and the government4951 shall be upon5921 his shoulder:7926 and his name 8034 shall be1961 called7121 Wonderful,6382 Counselor,3289 The mighty1368 God,410 The everlasting5703 Father,1 The Prince8269 of Peace.7965

New American Standard Bible (NASB) For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;

And the government will rest on His shoulders;

And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

The Message (MSG) For a child has been born--for us!

the gift of a son-- for us!

He'll take over

the running of the world.

His names will be : Amazing Counselor,

Strong God,

Eternal Father,

Prince of Wholeness.

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

A Child Has Been Born

A child has been born for us.

We have been given a son

who will be our ruler .

His names will be

Wonderful Advisor

and Mighty God,

Eternal Father

and Prince of Peace.

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

For a Child hath been born to us, A Son hath been given to us, And the princely power is on his shoulder, And He doth call his name Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

6For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Even the CCoJW admits that in this context "government" means the right to rule. Read up on it, defd.

OldSoul

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Isa 9:6 - For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder.; And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace.

This seemingly fortells the coming of Jesus The Christ, or Yeshua the Messiah.; No where does it talk about an earthly paradise, nor a working government.

And I repeat what I said before. No where does it talk about an EARTHLY GOVERNMENT. A kingdom... a government of sorts yes. But that is NOT the context of the chapter, nor the verse. It is the announcement of the king.

And no where does it expound upon this government being of the earth in support of JWism's Paradise on Earth. Pursuant to the thread in which it was used as support of an earthly government.

• defd
    defd

Silly man . The subject and object of this verse is obvious. His government is merely one of his attributes. Note how the emphasis affects everything.

Now if i were too say that I'd get jumped on as being rude. How come no one is jumping on Gnat? We were trying to have a civil discussion and she chimes in with SILLY MAN. I wont react to it though! But lets look at the book of Daniel as well. It also descibes Jesus a being given rulership of Gods Kingdom (government)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Now please, back to the original questions from GringoJJ.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

So. Not all bibles are created equal

That is correct.

Hibie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, emphasis is everything, isn't it? I really shouldn't be bothering you today, defd. It is obvious you have had either not enough or too much coffee.

• defd
    defd

And no where does it expound upon this government being of the earth in support of JWism's Paradise on Earth. Pursuant to the thread in which it was used as support of an earthly government.

Brenda we DO NOT believe the Goverment will be an EARTHLY one. It is a HEAVENLY ONE as Jesus said many times.

• defd
    defd

Silly man . The subject and object of this verse is obvious. His government is merely one of his attributes. Note how the emphasis affects everything.

Now if i were too say that I'd get jumped on as being rude. How come no one is jumping on Gnat? We were trying to have a civil discussion and she chimes in with SILLY MAN. I wont react to it though! But lets look at the book of Daniel as well. It also descibes Jesus a being given rulership of Gods Kingdom (government)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit