Question for Defd

by gringojj 103 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

well lookie lookie the babies are here. pot callin the kettle black I see

whatever

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

And if on searching I find there is no basis in Scripture I should stop believing that, right?

But, then, if I express that I no longer believe that I will be systematically cut off from all my friends and family. So, it would be simpler for me if I could state in good conscience that I DO believe that.

Hibie, since I have scoured the KJV and the NWT your counsel, while excellent advice in general, is lacking in any weight at all as it pertains to this discussion.

defd, you badly misapplied Scripture by trying to label my questions as "foolish and ignorant." Your inability to support your beliefs by Scripture is pressuring you to make yourself like a Pharisee. If you don't wish to admit that to yourself, you already are a Pharisee. Your sins are not forgiven, because you say you see. (John 9:41) I admit ignorance, but my questions are not ignorant. They are very heedful of the highest authority, an authority you dispense with or twist at your convenience.

OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Hibie,

Where was I rude? Did I call anything defd said, "foolish and ignorant"? "Dumb"?

The fact is, your "husband" is rude whenever he is asked anything he doesn't have a scripted answer for. He is deceitful whenever he pleases. He frequently misuses Scripture, twisting it to support an argument it does not even contextually address. Is my stating these easily demonstrable facts "rude"? If so, then I must admit in your estimation I am one very rude person.

If defd teaches these articles of faith as truth, he has a Scriptural obligation to support them by Scripture if anyone asks. I asked.

OldSoul

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

At least a pot can hold substance all the kettle holds is water and give off hot air and gas as you proved earlier....

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/98285/1.ashx Original thread I referenced and the following posts reflect my comments made on this thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/98285/1687748/post.ashx#1687748
    Isaiah 9:6 for starters. Gods Kingdom is a working GOVERNMENT.

Isa 9:6 - For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace.

This seemingly fortells the coming of Jesus The Christ, or Yeshua the Messiah. No where does it talk about an earthly paradise, nor a working government.

I suggest you read your bible before you quote a scripture.

Also, I suggest you stick with the New Testament written for Christians, instead of the Old Testament, which Jesus made moot with his baptism and therefore acceptance of his mantle of The Christ.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/98285/1687814/post.ashx#1687814
    Isa 9:6 - For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. ; And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace

brenda read that verse from the kingjames version

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/98285/1687852/post.ashx#1687852
    Isa 9:6 - For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder.; And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace.

This seemingly fortells the coming of Jesus The Christ, or Yeshua the Messiah.; No where does it talk about an earthly paradise, nor a working government.

I suggest you read your bible before you quote a scripture.

Hey brenda have you look up that scripture in the King James VERSION yet? After you do, I suggest that YOU read your bible!

apology accepted.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/98285/1688033/post.ashx#1688033

DefD, I don't own a KJ version.

The only reason I have the two bibles I do, my NWT custom bound in red leather and given to me by my GrGrandmother, and her NWT circa 1984, is because I do not believe in throwing away holy books - of any kind - unless they become damanged in some way. The only reason I threw out my copy of the Koran was it got water damaged.

DefD... Are you truly a JW? I am surprised you are willing to use the King James version INSTEAD of the NWT to "prove" your points. Afterall, the KJ version is frowned upon by the WTBTS as a false version.

So in recap: You still support Jehovah's Government on Earth with Isa 9:6, but you only support it with the KJ version of the bible. That don't fly.

I suggest that YOU read your bible!

apology accepted.

No apology will be forthcoming.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

2TIM 2:23 "Further, turn down foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing they produce fights."
    We should not lose sight of the original question , which may be paraphrased as "Whether it is unfair for God to murder[destroy] his children if they are in no position to understand the issues".. I can understand Defd's reluctance but , come, can this be termed a foolish and ignorant question?? This may be asked by any informed person on his Sunday ministry. Would he quote 1Tim 2.23 to them?

This issue is one that, I find, witnesses have a mental block over. They have to. If they really faced it then they would have to admit that they follow a belief that it is desirable for billions to be slaughtered so that they may live in paradise. Since J W's are not psychopaths they have to rationalise it away and they do not want to think about it. Secretly the ones I know believe that God will judge based on "Heart condition" and many 'normal' people will in fact get through. But that is not what the WT teaches.

Why did we ever believe it? My only defence is that I was brought up to accept it and it seemed the natural thing. As a witness, that question was pushed aside "Leave all that to Jehovah" was the platitude .

This was the issue that brought me to my senses and made me realise the IN NO WAY would God ever do such a vile action. Then the whole Witness 'theology' just unraveled and I saw it for what it is .

So come on Defd. This is not a trick , we are not out to be nasty or make fun. Please address the issue honestly , since we make an honest question .

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    use a King James Version....it holds the answers to many questions.

So. Not all bibles are created equal. Especially the KJV vs NWT of the WTBTS? So. The WTBTS Published bible is a false bible?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

PS - thank you Mrs. Jones. I am assuming that is the KJV version?

Nowhere does it say that Jehovah's kingdom is an earthly government. It only announces the birth of a king, a god.

But I digress Back to GringoJJ's questions of DefD

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Youre welcome Brenda. Actually it was the NIV version.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Kewl. And it sez basically the same thing as the NWT does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit