Question for Defd

by gringojj 103 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

yeah and I got the same thing out of it as you did. the focus wasn't on the government, it was on the one who would be over the government if you read the Whole chapter.

• lawrence
    lawrence

I always questioned whether the Cosmos brought people together as soul mates, etc.

I now BELIEVE it, because if the 2 of you are married, then something worked to bring 2 totally belligerent and assinine individuals together. You are both self righteous, incorrect, and bombastic in regards to your ignorance. Go bang the door and talk your trash to the "World' - then again, you both are the "world". Get Christ and become Christians, or resume as Bible thumping thugs. I had hope for you Defd, but now I see a deceiver - a bum and a lurker. Shame on you, SCUMBAG!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    yeah and I got the same thing out of it as you did. the focus wasn't on the government, it was on the one who would be over the government if you read the Whole chapter.

Yes! I read the entire chapter, and got the same thing... as you.... that it is the announcement of the coming of a Prince, a God, on which the power would rest. Not the kingdom nor government itself. Nor the attributes of this "government". Context.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Getting wild with the translations here:

Isa 9:6

(ASV) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

(BBE) For to us a child has come, to us a son is given; and the government has been placed in his hands; and he has been named Wise Guide, Strong God, Father for ever, Prince of Peace.

(Darby) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name is called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty *God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.

(KJV+) For3588 unto us a child3206 is born,3205 unto us a son1121 is given:5414 and the government4951 shall be upon5921 his shoulder:7926 and his name8034 shall be1961 called7121 Wonderful,6382 Counselor,3289 The mighty1368 God,410 The everlasting5703 Father,1 The Prince8269 of Peace.7965

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;

And the government will rest on His shoulders;

And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

The Message (MSG)

For a child has been born--for us!

the gift of a son--for us!

He'll take over

the running of the world.

His names will be: Amazing Counselor,

Strong God,

Eternal Father,

Prince of Wholeness.

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

A Child Has Been Born

A child has been born for us.

We have been given a son

who will be our ruler.

His names will be

Wonderful Advisor

and Mighty God,

Eternal Father

and Prince of Peace.

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

For a Child hath been born to us, A Son hath been given to us, And the princely power is on his shoulder, And He doth call his name Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

H410

'e^l

ale

Shortened from H352; strength; as adjective mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity): - God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might (-y one), power, strong. Compare names in "-el."

• defd
    defd

Brenda the point in question is what is Gods Kingdom. Isaiah says it is a GOVERNMENT. Read isaiah 9:6-8. DOES IT NOT? a simple yes or no would do.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

For other lurkers,

Please note: it was the other characteristics exhibited by defd that made Lawrence angry. Lurk all you want, that doesn't make you a scumbag.

Defd is more of a troll than a lurker, from his first post here through to this one his objective has been solely to rile everyone up against his views. He demonstrates little regard for the thoughts of others throughout his posting history, although there have been occasions where he stated respect for the viewpoints of others.

He obviously has no respect for my viewpoints or for me as a person, but he has no reason to feel this way other than the fact that I asked a question he can't answer. No Jehovah's Witness can demonstrate Scripturally that the Faithful and Discreet Slave are a class, or that they have authority over the beliefs of true Christians. It is very disconcerting for a JW when they realize this, because every shred of their confidence is usually in the organization instead of in God.

I hasten to add, the reactions of JW apologists, although consistent, are not unexpected. If they can't support these doctrines with Scripture there is no reason to listen to what the Faithful and Discreet Slave says. With that understanding, the entire framework of man-made authority comes crumbling down. It was terrifying for me to honestly ask these questions. I eventually had to admit to myself, "There is no answer in the Scriptures."

But now, I am told that to ask such a dumb question is ignorant and foolish. As I said, an expected reaction. Childish and bratty, but expected.

OldSoul

• defd
    defd

Isa 9:6

(ASV) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

(BBE) For to us a child has come, to us a son is given; and the government has been placed in his hands; and he has been named Wise Guide, Strong God, Father for ever, Prince of Peace.

(Darby) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name is called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty *God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.

(KJV+) For3588 unto us a child3206 is born,3205 unto us a son1121 is given:5414 and the government4951 shall be upon5921 his shoulder:7926 and his name8034 shall be1961 called7121 Wonderful,6382 Counselor,3289 The mighty1368 God,410 The everlasting5703 Father,1 The Prince8269 of Peace.7965

New American Standard Bible (NASB) ;

For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;

And the government will rest on His shoulders;

And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

The Message (MSG) ;

For a child has been born--for us!

the gift of a son--for us!

He'll take over

the running of the world.

His names will be: Amazing Counselor,

Strong God,

Eternal Father,

Prince of Wholeness.

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

A Child Has Been Born

A child has been born for us.

We have been given a son

who will be our ruler.

His names will be

Wonderful Advisor

and Mighty God,

Eternal Father

and Prince of Peace.

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

For a Child hath been born to us, A Son hath been given to us, And the princely power is on his shoulder, And He doth call his name Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Ok Many translation AGREE with JWS as to what Gods Kingdom is. If you keep reading on through the verses it gets clearer Post Isaiah 9:7-9 also.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Old Soul-

I apologize. Defd is not a lurker, he's a TROLL. Thank you for correcting me.

Aside-

Defd- I wish your employer knew how his hours were being occupied by his worker. Don't you remember Paul's words about servants and masters. Or, is the Word only useful when it can be used as a sword and cut apart people, their lives, and their hearts? BTW - I work for myself, therefore I don't defraud anyone when I contact this URL - how about you?

• anewme
    anewme

Seems to me the scriptures are trying to say the kingdom is a government of some kind.

• defd
    defd

I don't defraud anyone when I contact this URL - how about you?

For the 5th time i am ALLOWED! How many more times must I have to say this.This is exactly what I am talking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit