Question for Defd

by gringojj 103 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

I do too jh. But to be honest i am in a bad mood this morning. So u wont here much more of me this morning. Having to deal with people like OLD SOUL and there crazy " THOUGHT PROVOKING" (right) questions are driving me insane today.

• defd
    defd

I do understand big dog that is why I have no problem talking with some in here when the FDS say we shouldnt.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    I read your questions and frankly I think they are DUMB! If you are STUMBLED over those questions your problem with jws or Religion in general Go MUCH MUCH deeper.

Then, I don't believe you are or ever have been one of Jehovah's Witnesses. You are entitled to your opinion about the questions, of course. But no Witness or ex-Witness prior to you has ever insinuated that those were "dumb" questions. And there have been dozens prior to you, including four Circuit Overseers.

Why did you raise any issue about "religion in general"? To divert attention. I wasn't stumbled over those questions, I was stumbled over the fact that NO ONE even attempted to answer them Scripturally. If you can't get that, you are a perfect fit for JWs and you need to stop wasting your time in here.

Any Witness, no matter how short a time, would understand the implications of a lack of proof on those points instantly. If you are a Witness, and you think the questions are dumb, then surely you have easy answers for them. Please, feel free to share here or by PM.

OldSoul

• defd
    defd

Defd we were talking earlier and I didnt want to hijack the other post.

We were talking about how I believe it is unfair for god to murder his children even though it is his fault that they dont follow his wishes not because they dont want to but because he did not make his wishes clear.

You said that his wishes are clear, but the devil distorts them.

You promised me you would provide me with some examples

Gring.

I did promise you I would answer you questions. However as I read your earlier posts I changed my mind. You Claimed to be an athiest, which is your right and business. You even said you are not ashamed, which is cool too. It seems to me you really dont care about the answers, for you are strong in your stance. Who knows I may be wrong. Another witness will come along who will be more than happy to argue with you!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    You haven't been on the recieving end of any of the above so you need to think about it and have some empathy for the folks that have. The people here by and large are not cry babies in my opinion, but people that have been hurt, some very deeply and others that are just plain p.o.'d over what they percieve as having been lied too, and its perfectly okay for them to feel that way, you need to respect that.

Big Dog - Well put.

Defd, I object to your comments about being 'Crybabies' for all of the above reasons and for another reason also.

You profess to be a Christian and to have Christian values but the opposite is evident when you give a label such as 'crybabies' to those people who have suffered as they have. Surely a more Christian approach would be to be more understanding and less judgemental!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    I did promise you I would answer you questions.
    Psalm 15:1-5 --
    O Jehovah, who will be a guest in your tent? Who will reside in your holy mountain? He who is walking faultlessly and practicing righteousness And speaking the truth in his heart. He has not slandered with his tongue. To his companion he has done nothing bad, And no reproach has he taken up against his intimate acquaintance. In his eyes anyone contemptible is certainly rejected, But those fearing Jehovah he honors. He has sworn to what is bad [for himself], and yet he does not alter. His money he has not given out on interest, And a bribe against the innocent one he has not taken. He that is doing these things will never be made to totter.

Well, we'll look forward to your promise fulfilled if and/or when you decide want to live up to this Scriptural principle. Or, do you belive promises made to atheists don't count? Some strange theology going on in your head, defd. I hope you figure it out, I really do.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Surely a more Christian approach would be to be more understanding and less judgemental!

Silly, Big Dog! Jesus was only understanding and supportive of those who were abused by the leadership and decisions of the earthly organization of his day.

Oh. I get your point.

• gringojj
    gringojj

Well Defd I must say I am quite dissapointed. Yes I am an atheist, but I am also human. I accept that fact that I could be wrong. Basicly the whole idea of organized religions has never made sense to me. I cant get past the question which I asked you in the other post. The god of organized religions is an omnipotent, all powerful being. The creator of everything. He has all the power to do anything he wants. Just due to the fact that there are so many religions in the world, he has done a terrible job of getting his message accross. So organized religion tells me to believe in a being that is so powerful, he can do anything he wants, but he cant even get his message accross clearly to his children. Thats where I am stuck.

So defd you were supposed to give me an example of how the devil distorts gods true message. I was really looking forward to this.

You have to understand Defd, god made the claim that he exists. He has to prove it. He has to prove it even more-so because he created the devil who is running around distorting his word. The fact that he made the devil who could do this, gives god that much more of a responsibility to make HIS word clear. God created this whole mess, and then he is going to punish all the people who get on the wrong path?

Just doesnt make sense to me.

You promised to give me examples. If you truly believe you are right, what are you afraid of? I am not afraid to argue my beliefs with anyone. By not answering me, it just shows me you are too afraid to find out that you might be wrong.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Dfed is but one man. I suggest not picking on him too harshly.

OldSoul, I too had a list of questions that the elders promised they would get back to me on. Instead I eventually got disfellowshipped. These men care about nothing but maintaining their positions.

• JH
    JH

I think that some questions are un answerable. Maybe in the past defd gave his own opinion and went beyond Jah's word. and now has to pay for what he said...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit