You Aren't Good Enough to Spend Time With Us, But Your Money Is Just Fine

by Scully 53 Replies latest social family

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Scully)))))) I'm struggling with the same type of thing with my parents. They've been nagging me for three years to send them pictures of my wedding. I've been putting it off just because I'm lazy, but Megadude once asked me, "Why would you send them photos of something too evil for them to attend?"

Made me stop and think. I still don't know if I'm going to do it or not. Maybe I'll just ask them what Mega asked me. "Why would you want photos of an event too evil to attend?"

• Scully
    Scully

Billygoat:

They've been nagging me for three years to send them pictures of my wedding. I've been putting it off just because I'm lazy, but Megadude once asked me, "Why would you send them photos of something too evil for them to attend?"

That's a great thought! Maybe I'll re-word the concept and use it on my family?

"If I'm too evil and wicked for you to talk to, why would you want a gift from me that may or may not end up being Demonized™?" Oh and I'd definitely say to your parents (if they were my parents): "You had your chance to see the real thing three years ago... why should I go to the trouble of providing a substitute for you? You made your choice to decline our wedding invitation, so deal with the results...."

• talesin
    talesin

"Direct" works for me. I just said, "Why would I give you a gift to celebrate when I was excluded from the whole thing?" What can they say to that?

It works the same way for funerals ... "if I'm not invited to share the joy (weddings), then why do you think I want to share the pain (funerals)?"

I'm so sick of passive-aggressive BS, the JW way, that I just say what's on my mind.

"You know, I am excluded from most family things, why are you asking me to be included in this? Is it because you want the $200? You don't seem to want me around the rest of the time."

t

• Scully
    Scully

heh heh

How about "Thanks for asking, but I have to pass this time around."

They hate it when I don't explain WHYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????? and then I'll get to tell them "Sorry, I'm not at liberty to discuss it."

Then I'll send them a post card from Vegas or LA or someplace like that.

• Flash
    Flash
    and wonder of wonders... I'm not DFd or DAd, just Inactive™. I almost feel like DAing just to get them to fck off.

They've bastardized the rules so much its all the same now.

• loosie
  • BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    "Direct" works for me. I just said, "Why would I give you a gift to celebrate when I was excluded from the whole thing?" What can they say to that?

"Well, they are your parents too. You should feel obligated to contribute something!"

• Scully
    Scully

Well, I'm sure you've all heard the FTD advertisment slogan.... Say it with flowers!

I have a plan. muahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

• rebel8
    rebel8

It is so RUDE of them to ask you to contribute!

I've received some gift pleas from the same people who go around telling the whole family I'm possessed by demons.

• Scully
    Scully

rebel8:

I've received some gift pleas from the same people who go around telling the whole family I'm possessed by demons.

Isn't it disgusting how they don't mind getting gifts from you, but at the same time think nothing of slandering you to other people.

Maybe we should start disfellowshipping them, by sending them a Registered Letter to state that we are going to shun them and exclude them from our lives for their unloving and unchristian behaviour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit