You Aren't Good Enough to Spend Time With Us, But Your Money Is Just Fine

by Scully 53 Replies latest social family

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I would not donate a cent

• atypical
    atypical

Scully, I feel for you. What ever happened with this?

A while back I posted about my friend who killed himself. Well, my mom was pushing for all of us to send money to help the family with expenses and to help his estranged wife get a car. I was fine with sending money, but my mom insisted that we pool money and send one check. I was uncomfortable with that, because I know that I am able to contribute the larger portion of the money, and my sister probably would not be able to contribute at all, but it would look as though it was even. It's not that I care so much about getting the credit - but my friend's family has contributed to nasty rumours about me, including saying that I don't even go to work and my family has to run my business for me. Considering that I am having more financial success than the rest of my family, it just hit me wrong.

It's sad, but I think this situation is terribly common. There is a precedent, if you think about it. Is there anyone who is not allowed to contribute money to the WTS?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Why should I give $200 of my hard earned wages to people who won't permit me in their home or speak to me? I wouldn't do it for someone else who treated me with such contempt, so why should their being related to me make a difference?

Bravo, Lady!!

I was invited to my nephew's wedding a few years back, and being DF'd and remembering how he had said he never wanted to hear from me again in his last communique, I decided NOT to bother going, or giving them a gift. Kiss my ass, quite frankly.

• Swan
    Swan

I guess every cloud has a silver lining. My family never talks to me, but they don't hit me up for money like they always used to either.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit