You Aren't Good Enough to Spend Time With Us, But Your Money Is Just Fine

by Scully 53 Replies latest social family

• Scully
    Scully

Am I the only one here who has non-JW and JW siblings who exclude you from "family" social events, but see nothing wrong with asking you to contribute a significant amount of money toward gifts for JW parents who instigate your exclusion from family social events?

Quite frankly, I'm pissed off about this most recent request and I'm planning on ignoring it. Why should I give $200 of my hard earned wages to people who won't permit me in their home or speak to me? I wouldn't do it for someone else who treated me with such contempt, so why should their being related to me make a difference?

Sorry, but I'm getting sick of taking the high road with these jerks.

• damselfly
    damselfly

They wouldn't get a penny of my money either!

Is it "necessary family business" to call and ask for money?

Dams

• avishai
    avishai

Donate the $$$ to the red cross, in their name, in the spirit of the "Good samaritan" parable, and then send them a certificate saying so!!!

• Scully
    Scully
    Is it "necessary family business" to call and ask for money?

Actually, they didn't even bother phoning. They sent an email to spare themselves the expense of a phone call. Maybe I'll tell them that the $ they saved on phone calls and visits and not sending gifts to me or my kids can go toward my share.

Good idea about the Red Cross, avishai. Maybe I'll do one better and send the money to Quotes' legal defense fund in their honour!

• stealyourface
    stealyourface
    I'll do one better and send the money to Quotes' legal defense fund in their honour!

Brilliant, Scully! You could include a copy of the suit, and wishes for the plaintiff's good luck! edited to add sarcastic smilie

• lawrence
    lawrence

Love Avishai's recommendation and the other recommendations! I might also send a note at another time stating "out of sight, is out of mind."

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Don't let them think this is acceptable, Scully. You know it's not. It's them who is treating YOU like crap, not the other way around. I'm not sure what the best response would be, but I know that you should respond some way, and tell them exactly what you are feeling regarding this.

Kwin

• talesin
    talesin

I am feeling for you, Scully. It's kinda like being told you are not welcome at your parents' 50th anniversary party, and then are criticized because you didn't give them a present.

t

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((Scully)))

adding insult to injury!!!

We have to get together sometime soon.

• Scully
    Scully

Maybe I'll tell them that I would prefer to send flowers on my own.

Anyone know where I can order a bouquet of stinkweed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit