You Aren't Good Enough to Spend Time With Us, But Your Money Is Just Fine

by Scully 53 Replies latest social family

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Why should I give $200 of my hard earned wages to people who won't permit me in their home or speak to me?

I think you already an$wered ... Your money is ju$t fine!

$orry to hear your family i$ treating you $o $habbily, $cully.

You might wi$h to a$k them directly ... exactly that que$tion. Maybe it'$ time for a little communicating? A$ in: get the i$$ue out on the table? Do they really think thi$ hypocricy ha$ gone unnoticed by you?

Love,

E$TEE

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

"Why should I give $200 of my hard earned wages to people who won't permit me in their home or speak to me?" I would make this question to your siblings.

• delilah
    delilah

Scully, I know what you mean. We gave money to my JW brother and his "poor excuse-of -a-wife" for quite some time. My brother isn't allowed to speak to me, or visit, and I'm not DF'd or DA'd either. But , his wife sure liked getting her hands on our hard-earned cash. My brother has never been without a job, he just can't seem to make enough to keep his lazy wife happy. They made the rounds to many of my family members, until the cashflow was finally cut off. Then they moved to another town. Her entire family lives in the same manner..... It's despicable.

Delilah

• Scully
    Scully
    he just can't seem to make enough to keep his lazy wife happy

I would have just three words for her: GET - A - JOB

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Scully, I know what you mean. We gave money to my JW brother and his "poor excuse-of -a-wife" for quite some time. My brother isn't allowed to speak to me, or visit, and I'm not DF'd or DA'd either. But , his wife sure liked getting her hands on our hard-earned cash. My brother has never been without a job, he just can't seem to make enough to keep his lazy wife happy. They made the rounds to many of my family members, until the cashflow was finally cut off. Then they moved to another town. Her entire family lives in the same manner..... It's despicable.

Damn leaches. I can't stand people like that.

Always taking... never giving.

• delilah
    delilah

My brother's wife has had many jobs, she works just until she gets a big paycheck, then goes on a shopping spree. How many people do you know, who can go into a dollar store, and spend a couple hundred dollars??? I'm not talking about buying things for a party either....just STUFF....

Delilah

• LDH
    LDH

Delilah:

My brother's wife has had many jobs, she works just until she gets a big paycheck, then goes on a shopping spree. How many people do you know, who can go into a dollar store, and spend a couple hundred dollars??? I'm not talking about buying things for a party either....just STUFF....

Are you sure we're not sisters? This is exactly what my brother's wife does. She can not hold a job to save her ass, but she always gets just one or two paychecks....and spends spends spends.

Scully, you must tell us what happened. And where is Talesin?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've got the opposite problem.

My sister and I want to contribute to a gift for my parents anniversary but my brother doesn't want any part of it. Go figure...

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

There's a belief that one shouldn't loan money to friends or family. If you do, just say goodbye to it, and forget about it. Family have asked us for money, but we have made a pact between us, husband and wife, that if it isn't for food, shelter, or medical, we won't give it. It has to be an emergency for us to give it.

His family is rich, mine is poor. My family seems to think that because my husband's familly has money, that they are obligated to share with them. They are obligated to NOTHING.

CG

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I have a rule. I never lend something that I'm going to get upset about not getting back...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit