WTS Emergency Meeting

by doinmypart 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

Are the KHs self insured through the WTBTS? If so, every congregation nation wide will be getting one of those letters asking for donations to cover the cost of rebuilding.

• DannyHaszard
  • garybuss
    garybuss

I've seen some video of the shelters and I'd much rather my Witness relatives were staying in a fellow Witness's private home than in one of the shelters. I guess I'm glad the elders fooled the Red Cross. If this is the whole story, the Red Cross can be happy to be relieved of a few people to make room for more. I seriously doubt the elders took any body out of a shelter against their will. If they did, that'd be kidnapping.
    It sounds like the Witnesses are doing more to help the victims than I am. I'm sitting here on my ass watching CNN. I did contribute to the NAR relief basket at my Realtor's meeting yesterday. If the victims had to rely on me for their help they'd be screwed worse.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Juniper Tree sent me this and asked that I share it with whomever I will. So here it is:

"In part, the hearsay info from jwforum.net is that the institution has sprung into action and has committed resources to assess the damage to their tangible assets (Kingdom Halls). It is of no little wonder that they would do this, since in the early 80s, the institution touted they were the modern day Noah's ark and it was even speculated that these structures could be used as a place of safety during HAR-MAGEDDON. This coupled with the institution's command to 'make disciples', stimulated the volunteer donations for the Kingdom Hall constructions.

"The Preliminary Report of the Branch Disaster Committee strongly suggests that Hurricane Katrina did not discriminate against their works of faith, their structures, and nor did the floodwaters.

"There are reports that at least some Jehovah's Witnesses did not heed the 'superior authorities' to evacuate. This shouldn't be a surprise, since individuals are taught to look to the elderbody for direction in matters of this nature, 'because they know the structural conditions of KH's better than anyone else.'

"Whether persons stayed behind because of circumstances, to share in the spoil, or at the wise and skillful direction of the elder-body whom are recognized as on the spot representatives of the governing body remains to be seen.

"You would think that a member of this institution who stayed behind, if they are still alive, would face some type of disciplinary action."

I made a comment in that forum on the topic of seeking safety in Kingdom Halls at Armageddon and the posters flatly denied it, stating that only faith in Jehovah will see one through and that there is no guarantee of safety in a building (KH). Does anyone have an idea if the literature acually made such a claim? I would love a cite from it, if it did. How could this be verified?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The cloak & dagger stuff makes them feel important. How often does a JW get the opportunity to feel important?

I guess ya got me there!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Thanks for the info Doinmypart!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Without secrecy and confidentially, there's no pyramid of power.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Perhaps someone who has contacts with the Red Cross executive staff could confirm that the dubs were actually refused access. If this is not the case, then the Red Cross would have cause to sue the WT for slandering their name. I'd like to see them do it. Though I admit a private home is better than any shelter.

Kenneson: Dubs in Florida were read letters after the hurricanes last year informing them that Kingdumb Halls were NOT to be used as shelters. Inessence don't run here if yu get in trouble. The tenor of the letter was that the Halls are not insured for such things and poorly equipped to handle relief. (Makes me angry every time I relate this.)

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    Without secrecy and confidentially, there's no pyramid of power.

BINGO!!!

It makes those in the know feel privileged.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Dubs in Florida were read letters after the hurricanes last year informing them that Kingdumb Halls were NOT to be used as shelters. Inessence don't run here if yu get in trouble. The tenor of the letter was that the Halls are not insured for such things and poorly equipped to handle relief.

I'm not surprised by this. I figure the Kingdom Hall insurance (if there is any) must not include a personal injury clause. For instance, should any of my family or friends die in a fire at my house, my insurance would pay a certain amount for the loss of life. I wonder if the Halls have any such provision. Perhaps Jehovah isn't a very good provider after all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit