WTS Emergency Meeting

by doinmypart 50 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82
    Patterson wants elders to get the name and home congregation of displaced JWs that begin attending KHs in new locations. This point was stressed. My thoughts are that WTS can't afford to let any JWs use this as an opportunity to fade or stop attending meetings. From the way the point was made to get publisher information and report it to WTS, methinks they are more concerned with losing members than members' welfare.

Fascinating! I hadn't thought of that before. Imagine, dozens of congregations where publisher cards, judicial files, etc. are completely obliterated. Bethel only keeps track of elders, MS, and regular pioneers. A fader's dream come true! It would be most intersting to see how many take advantage of this opportunity.

Day one after the hurricane a few brothers from the HKRC went into New Orleans/Slidell area and began assessing damage to Kingdom Halls. The elders divided parts of southeast Louisiana into zones, my notes are sketchy and memory missing a few points, but in one zone 5 KHs are gone, 2 heavily damaged. Around Lake Pontchartrain 7 KHs are gone, 7 moderate damage, and ;some with ;light damage. On day two the brothers did more assessments, but martial law was put in place and they had to leave.

Interesting. Do you mean to tell me that their primary interest was the condition and health of their real estate holdings?

The image I have in my mind is an SUV or airboat full of well-dressed elders whizzing throught he flooded streets, zooming from one Kingdom Hall address to another, while dozens of people are calling out for help on rooftops as they pass...

Clueless idiots, I'm sure there was loud & long applause at how efficiently the brothers worked out the proprty damage, while scarcely a soul thought more than 2 seconds of the suffering poor left behind...

• Bryan
    Bryan

in one zone 5 KHs are gone, 2 heavily damaged. Around Lake Pontchartrain 7 KHs are gone, 7 moderate damage, and ;some with ;light damage.

Wow, The Catholic Church down the road from me - less than a mile from KH - was fine.

Jehober has truly blessed the Catholics!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

property?!!! that was first on their agenda?!!! My god can't they ever place people first?

And they are so concerned about the Red Cross getting a few bucks for providing emergency shelter. Notice of course that the WTS itself is not providing shelter for the evacuees. They "place" them with other JWs and I just KNOW who is and who is NOT picking up the tab for that.

and of course we all know who will eventually be paying off the repairs or rebuilds of the halls.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Developing software! Yeah, it'll be called - "Fleece V1.0" - This new module will calculate expected yield on each building rebuilt, and based on profit (projected insurance check refunds) the householder will be put in the queue for rebuild (prioritization). More $$$, higher in the queue. After more than 25 years of personal product development I doubt they're developing anything aside from a few access database tables, data entry forms, and a few reports to track:

1) Projected Revenue By Householder

2) Householder's house specifics

3) Past and Current K.H. Associations

4) Who are the bad apples?

5) Crews and their proficiency (Revenue / Time)

6) Who are the bad apples in the crew?

7) Self destruct code - all gone I.R.S., Fed Gov., Wild Beast - we don't keep anything like that!

Edited to add:

doinmypart - Any mention of how to handle WTS donations after rebuilding? Or, who/how to approach "those in the flock" who have had repair work done? BTW - thanks for the post!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Interesting...

Phase 1 - assess the property damage to the buildings you are financing...

Phase 2 - locate the individuals who are still making payments on same said property...

Regards,

Jim TX

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    so they didn't want JWs leaving the shelter

this is the thought that struck me....

much of the talk concerning victims of the tragedy has been that warnings were given and they went unheeded...the response from the victims has been that there was no point in giving a warning when there was no arrangement for evacuation..for people who did not have the means to do so for themselves..

but jws pride themselves on heeding warnings and on being organized to help others...this is why group studies are arranged for between 12 - 15 people...so the group study conductor can personally account for all under his care....so why should any jws be in relief shelters..they shouldnt be in the friends homes now...they should have been there from before it happened

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I tell you all, no boubt, the WBTS has one heck of a plan when it comes to assisting their own. It's just outstanding!

If they get their way, without fighting all the red tape, JWs will probably be the first ones to be rebuilt and carrying on with life as usual.

My hats off to the WBTS in this regard.

Did you all know now there's a new arrangement in which there will be a superintendent to oversee the needs of the elderly in each individual congregation? I mean, that's awesome!

It's all wonderful. Just wonderful what they're doing for their people.

DY

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The elders dressed as if they were evacuees in order to gain entrance into the shelters and then once inside they put on their district convention lapel badges and walked around the shelters. The elder was very proud of this deception, and several elders in attendance seemed satisfied with the ploy. All of the JWs that were in shelters are now in JW homes. There are 3,000 - 4,000 displaced JWs, there are 8 missing from New Orleans.

With 900,000+ active publishers in the US there could be approximately twice that many JW's (publishers, children, interested ones, etc.) in N.O. and surrounding areas.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    For crying out loud----what is with all this secrecy???? Aren't all attendees to this high mucky-muck meeting all properly cleared ad identified? It's not as if they are the CIA meeting with the FBI to discuss how to take out terrorists! Talking about "how best to serve the brotherhood" is supposed to be the focus isn't it? Why is THAT secret?

The cloak & dagger stuff makes them feel important. How often does a JW get the opportunity to feel important?

W

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Did you all know now there's a new arrangement in which there will be a superintendent to oversee the needs of the elderly in each individual congregation? I mean, that's awesome!

I don't know DY if awesome is the word I have for it. 'Tis about time, comes to mind. They have needed to pay attention to that for the past 5 decades that I am aware of. Many elderly that I have known have been virtually abandoned by the cong as soon as they are unable to carry on the 'work'. I am glad they are finally paying attention to those who were the local backbone. I have to doubt it is out of true Christian compassion though. I only say that becuase I just never actually ever saw it in action. No disrespect to your opinion intended. Any progress in that organization in the general direction of Christianity will help.

I must agree that they have always been on the spot to help their own during emergencies. My problem with that is that I cannot imagine Jesus bypassing thousands in need to cross the country to help one who was calling himself a follower. In fact, I cannot remember a single incident in which Christ chose his own to perform a miracle cure, or feed the hungry. He helped whomever needed the help, as he came to them.

Just My Opinion

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit