WTS Emergency Meeting

by doinmypart 50 Replies latest jw friends

• observador
    observador

DoingMyPart,
    thanks for not keeping that big, huge, wonderful secret. Oh my! Oh my!
    Several interesting points in your notes, but one that I don't quite get is this one here:
    "There is a wireless computer hub being setup in Houston. At this hub, they are developing software just for Katrina relief, and they also have a dedicated line to Patterson."
    So, JWs are in shelters in need of everything from toothpaste to bookbags and the "brothers" are developing software for Katrina relief? :( What the heck?
    I just hope that people on this board don't go around spreading all this privileged and sensitive information. :)
    Observador.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Perhaps someone who has contacts with the Red Cross executive staff could confirm that the dubs were actually refused access. If this is not the case, then the Red Cross would have cause to sue the WT for slandering their name.

This is one of the reasons why they prevent tape recording or cell phones: No proof.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have heard the figure 3000 - yes three thousand brothers missing - I am awaiting clarification and confirmation

• oldflame
    oldflame

Did I miss something the last 44 years ? I thought Memorial day is in May and Labor day is in September...LOL

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I'm sorry, but I know that lots of organizations--some very informal--have arrived at red cross shelters and offered to take evacuees off their hands. The red cross personnel have been delighted. People in these shelters really have nothing to do and the rc has all it can do to keep them clean and fed.

I wonder if they (rc workers) just recognized the elders as JWs and figured the evacuees did not need to be proselytized to on top of everything else.

Assuming of course, that that elder wasn't making it up.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Cheech HERE!

Floyd survivor

live within 80 miles of brooklyn

No help from Local congr.

No help from WTS.

After 2 months of disaster cleanup, elders came and said "when are you coming back to meetings?"

Red Cross..... thumbs up (very helpful)

Local chruch..... thumbs up (very helpful)

WT.... F@%@!K you

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I have been in touch with the Red Cross Shelter Managers with some of the information that has been posted.
    No-one is allowed into a shelter unless they are one of the evacuees in order to protect the dignity of those inside. Arrangements are now in place for drop in ministers (i.e. JW's) that an announcement will be made for anyone of a particular faith that is interested in meeting with a member of that clergy to meet in an assigned room within the shelter.
    After reports were received about proselytizing in the shelter (heh heh heh) this arrangement was to be put into place at all Red Cross run shelters.
    If my deployment goes as planned perhaps I should disguise myself as a JW and wander through their shelters. Uzzah

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Nice thread.
    Thanks for the update, doinmypart!

-Aude.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Since when have elders kept confidentiality? A judicial committee of 3 elders cannot keep confidentiality. So 1,200 elders will NOT keep confidentiality.

The WT knows that. And for the WT to put a confidentiality order on helping hurricane refugees is suspicious.

If the WT wants to keep this secret, just think of the REAL secrets they hide.

• richard
    richard

Quote from the WTS Emergency Meeting:

The brother said Red Cross gets money for every person they shelter so they didn't want JWs leaving the shelter.

Can this be verified?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit