My undisfellowshipping

by kwintestal 87 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Reminds me of that episode on 'Friends' when Monica and Ross's grandmother died in the hospital. Then she sprang back to life for a few seconds.
    Then died again.
    And they checked - twice...!!

LOL sorry. Kwin's experience reminds me of that hehehe!!

-Aude.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Congratulations Kwin- but what are you going to do now?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Kwin, maybe you are the wild beast from Revelation 17:8: " the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present".

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Congratulations Kwin- but what are you going to do now?

I'm going to Disneyland!

Kwin

• Honesty
    Honesty

What? Jeremiah??? How about jeans instead? Kwin
    DF'ng you didn't work so the elders are going to take a hard line with your rebellion.... Next time they meet with you one of them will have a chainsaw behind his back to saw you asunder like Jeremiah.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, the poor elder rushed through that announcement! You can hear it with every clipped word. He had to say it but he didn't want to! Yes, your eternal reward hung on a single sneeze.

Even more painful will be trying to corral you in to a meeting so they can DF you properly.

P.S. DO get that picture for Richie, won't you? Perhaps at the next JC.

P.P.S. Here's an idea. Why don't you drag out the JC the same way Elsewhere is dragging that poor Nigerian scammer around by the nose?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm laughing too hard to even comment on your de-excommunication.

the Holy Spook

hahahahahaha!!!! I think I will dress up as that for Halloween!!!!!!!! A simple sheet and my giant glow in the dark rosary will do just fine.

knock-knock rebel8 opens door

Child: "Trick or treat."

Neighbor: "What is your costume?"

rebel8: "I'm the Holy Spirit."

Neighbor to his child at my door: "Let's go now. Hurry."

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Kwin - Yours is only the second I have ever heard of.

The other was a PO who was conspired against by two sisters who both claimed to have fornicated with him. He denied. They disfellowshipped. He appealled. It stuck. Then one day shortly thereafter two elders happened to be standing on the porch of the two sisters [supposedly getting ready to knock - but I think they were spying on them] - when lo' and behold they heard the two bragging and boasting about how they got rid of the elder. End of story was that he was 'exonerated' and returned to PO status on the same night they were disfellowshipped for lying and bearing false witness.

A CO told me that to show how Jehovah's Spirit could work when needed. I doubt your story will make the circuit though.

Jeff

• undercover
    undercover

That's the first time that I've heard them using the new format of saying "so-and-so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses..."

It's hilarious that they had to revise the statement that was stated earlier. Priceless.

I'm still curious as to the reason why they wen to the new format. "So-and-so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses". No longer DF'd or DAd, just "no longer one of". I've heard the reasoning that it was because they don't want the members to know how many are starting to defect so instead of announcing DAing, they just say "no longer one of", intentionally blurring the lines. Others have said that it is a legal move to protect the WTS.

But hearing that term used for the first time makes me wonder how long they can get away with it. How many times can they just make simple announcements like that without pissing off the wrong people? How long before a lawsuit is filed against a body of local elders for defamatory and slanderous actions?

Think about it... If I admitted to the elders in private, in my home, that I no longer consider the GB as the FDS, then they could make that announcement about me. I didn't ask to be removed, I didn't submit to a JC meeting, but because I differed in opinion or belief from them, they could make an announcement that would result in people that I live with, work with and associate with in cutting me off, shunning me, talking about me behind my back. I would be ostracized. Woudn't that be cause enough for a lawsuit against the men whoever caused me to suffer this lose of affection and caused the slanderous accusations?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Well Kwin your undisfellowshipping is a first for me! I've heard over the years you could appeal your df-ing but that it rarely works, good for you!

So does this mean you are going to be a regular meeting attender and going out in field service too? Now that would be punishment beyond what is normal if you ask me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit