My undisfellowshipping

by kwintestal 87 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover
    undercover

I thought "announcements" were supposed to be made during the "announcement" part of the service meeting.

So these bastards waited until most of the congregation had fallen asleep at the end of two boring hours and then announced, "Oh, by the way, BrotherKwinisaJehovah'sWitnessnowquickletssingasongbeforeanyonewakesupandaskswhatthehellisgoingon"

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

wow have you ever heard anything so embarassing in all your life...

by someone so embarrassed...

who made the announcement btw kwin....was it the chairman of the commitee...or the po...or whoever had made the previous announcement....or just the last man standing

Do I remember when somebody was reinstated, that we all clapped? If so, where is all of the clapping? Where is the LOVE? HL

Question

Box

· Is it appropriate to applaud when a reinstatement is announced?

In his loving-kindness, Jehovah God has provided a Scriptural way for repentant wrongdoers to regain his favor and achieve reinstatement in the Christian congregation. (Ps. 51:12, 17) When this takes place, we are encouraged to confirm our love for such sincerely repentant ones.—2 Cor. 2:6-8.

Even so, as joyful as we are when a relative or acquaintance is reinstated, a quiet dignity should prevail at the time that the person’s reinstatement is announced in the congregation. The Watchtower of October 1, 1998, page 17, expressed matters this way: "We must remember, however, that most in the congregation are not aware of the particular circumstances that led to a person’s expulsion or to his reinstatement. In addition, there may be some who have been personally affected or hurt—perhaps even on a long-term basis—by the wrongdoing of the repentant one. Being sensitive to such matters, therefore, when an announcement of reinstatement is made, we would understandably withhold expressions of welcome until such can be made on a personal basis."

Although we are very happy to see someone return to the truth, applause at the time of his or her reinstatement would not be appropriate.

feb 2000 km

hmm so while there is rejoicing in heaven...there is precious little on earth...as a result of which confirming of love is seldom evident

• jgnat
    jgnat

See how far apart the WT instruction is from the bible:

Luke 15:20, the Prodigal Son

20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Way to go!!!

So, I wonder if they'll do it properly, this time?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    So does this mean you are going to be a regular meeting attender and going out in field service too? Now that would be punishment beyond what is normal if you ask me!

Biker, I think the "punishment" would be on the JC!

Bro. Kwin, if you can bring yourself to do so, consider going to the meetings for a "while", but always have things that necessitate you leaving immediately afterwards....Maybe even bring your kids to a meeting.... maybe. Just to rub it in some more. Punishment, like I said.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    who made the announcement btw kwin....was it the chairman of the commitee...or the po...or whoever had made the previous announcement....or just the last man standing

Tij, it was just the guy who gave the last part in the service meeting that read the announcement. I have no idea who he is, other then that he is not the PO and wasn't the chair of the JC.

Kwin

• Carol
    Carol

Brenda, what did Kwin's children do to deserve such abuse? (i.e. taking them to a meeting) Granted it would be punishment for the JW's but it would be abosolute torture for those poor children.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They just want you to be a witless again so they can DF you propley this time.

People who haven't been to meetings in years are pursued and asked "Do you consider yourself a witless?" Even though their actions declare like a Hippopotamus fart they are NOT - if the prey answers yes - they are DF. If they say no, there is a little dance of jesuitical farcicality to make them say 'yes' so the JC can then announce they are not.

Who says there is no fun in La la land!!!

HB ( of the "I want my fun, and I want it NOW" class)

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

im so proud of you! now you can have everlasting life again. good thing armageddon didn't come within that month (?) of you NOT being one of jehovah's witnesses otherwise you'd have been fucked

bethel

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Tij, it was just the guy who gave the last part in the service meeting that read the announcement. I have no idea who he is, other then that he is not the PO and wasn't the chair of the JC.

see thats what i suspected.....

there is no ambiguity about this in the elders instructions...announcements of this sort are meant to be in the announcements section of the meeting and are to be read by the po or the chairman of the commitee...this sent a clear message that they did not consider it important enough to comply with the rules...

i would draw this to their attention and tell them that you intend to go ahead with the lawsuit as the announcement did not in any way rectify the previous one and no apology has been forthcoming

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit