Has there been any "New Light" on the Blood Issue?

by Mastodon 168 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

rootcause is doing his best to write english and be impressive with italics and indentations and questions but unless you have trillions of hours to kill reasoning with him is fruitless. And just as fruitless is pre- and post-1961 Watchtower blood policy.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, we can count it as a little public service. Free ESL training.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

rootcause

Until you show yourself capable of taking part in a debate like a decently mannered person, I will ignore further questions. You have now twice failed to answer questions I have put to you.

You have been asked to defend your stance and have failed to do so, instead choosing to be evasive, choosing to not give an honest, direct answer, and choosing to try and distract by the means of questions which don't effect the answers you have been asked to give.

Truly a "great witness'' to all who have read this. Everyone can see you don't have decent answers to those questions and thus HAVE to be evasive.

• rootcause
    rootcause

Hello Abaddon/Jgnat,

Abaddon, have you not see that jgnats post already answered your questions? you mentioned 1Samuel which was written 1078 B.C.E while Act 15:29 was written 61C.E. Does it not got the latest revision hierarchy , in which generalized abstain from Blood?

Also jgnat, did not answer my question to answer both you're question with regards to Act15:29. Is Vitamin C taken as a pill different from injectable Vitamin C?

To further, answer all your questions I asked then for you to define Organization. . .because your questions are pertaining to organization. . .

1/ Using the Bible show me how you can claim someone who has taken a blood transfusion to save their life can be punished as severely as they are by Jehovah's Witnesses. -abaddon

2/ How can the Elders today claim any right to be involved in the issue without going beyond what is written in the Bible?-abaddon

Is it I avoiding your questions? Or have you not read and digested all our previous post? Please define Organization in this post and not in any other post for us to understand both side of the coin?

Thanks,

• rootcause
    rootcause

Hello Cygnus,

And just as fruitless is pre- and post-1961 Watchtower blood policy.- Cygnus

If you haven't read also and digested the previous post. . . What will you do if you got cancer today? will you use the 1961 treatment? We need your answer for this post not become fruitless. . . Thanks,

• 4nick8
    4nick8

Rootcause-

this message thread became fruitless when you stopped answering DIRECT questions that were asked multiple times. You have failed to do so in every instance.

I will make a deal with you. My partner at work is a JW. I will start to study with him if you can answer Abaddon's post #4501. Two direct and simple questions on what this thread is all about.

Hint: leave out all the Ants, cancer, vitaminC, Acid Based Equilibrium, Atoms or Ozonating Pork and any other happy horse hockey you use to evade an answer.

Tracy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, 4nick8/Tracy

Hint: leave out all the Ants, cancer, vitaminC, Acid Based Equilibrium, Atoms or Ozonating Pork and any other happy horse hockey you use to evade an answer.

Priceless, just priceless, and thanks!

• Darluvs
    Darluvs

My brother died on October 14th 2005 as a result of not receiving blood because he was kind of in the JW religion. Unable to speak after the accident, his wife, a JW, spoke on his behalf refusing the doctors to give him a blood transfusion for sepsis. If the rules have changed, why did my brother have to die? any thoughts / comments appreciated.

• rootcause
    rootcause

Hello darluvs,

Our mother died because of Blood transfusion, we were not JW then. . . to answer your question further:

(Genesis 9:2-4) . . .. 3

Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU. 4 Only flesh with its soul—its blood—YOU must not eat.

(Acts 15:29) 29

to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!"

(Leviticus 17:14) For the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood by the soul in it. Consequently I said to the sons of Israel: "YOU must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off."

(Acts 24:15) 15

and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous. . .
    • If Genesis only pertaining to eating blood and not blood transfusion, the man is alive today but on which side most probabily you be in Acts 24:15 comparing with Act 15:29?
    • If Genesis is only pertaining to eating blood and not blood transfusion, then what will happen to the soul of the patient added with the soul of the donor refering to Leviticus 17:14?
    • If Act 15:29 includes blood tranfusion from abstaining from blood, what will happen to the patient in the future life, Psalm 37:29? which side of probabily will he be in Act 24:15?

Thanks,

• blondie
    blondie

What scripture says that JWs can now accept blood fractions from the four primary components from products made from stored blood? Yet that is what the new WT policy is regarding blood transfusions.

*** w00 6/15 p. 29 Questions From Readers

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses accept any medical products derived from blood?
    Yet, there is a basic simplicity. The above material shows that Jehovah’s Witnesses refuse transfusions of both whole blood and its primary blood components. The Bible directs Christians to ‘abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from fornication.’ (Acts 15:29) Beyond that, when it comes to fractions of any of the primary components, each Christian, after careful and prayerful meditation, must conscientiously decide for himself.
    Just as blood plasma can be a source of various fractions, the other primary components (red cells, white cells, platelets) can be processed to isolate smaller parts. For example, white blood cells may be a source of interferons and interleukins, used to treat some viral infections and cancers. Platelets can be processed to extract a wound-healing factor. And other medicines are coming along that involve (at least initially) extracts from blood components. Such therapies are not transfusions of those primary components; they usually involve parts or fractions thereof. Should Christians accept these fractions in medical treatment? We cannot say. The Bible does not give details, so a Christian must make his own conscientious decision before God.

It is now a choice based on personal conscience for a JW to accept products such as Polyheme, made from outdated stored blood, down to the fraction hemoglobin, from one of the four major blood components, red blood cells.

There is no scripture supporting this because the scriptures the WTS has used all along forbid the storing of blood. Ergo, there would be nothing for the manufacturers to use to make these hemoglobin based products.

This article by a doctor is interesting and illuminating as well.

http://www.jwic.com/wt-blood-6-15-04.htm

Several JWs have accepted hemoglobin-based products which are easily verifiable through the internet. I have even talked to the local WT Hospital Liaison Committee and been assured that it was my choice to use these products without any fear of being disfellowshipped.

But there are no scriptures--just the one about not storing blood and these products being made out of stored blood. Sounds to be that the WTS is make the rules not the Bible.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit