Has there been any "New Light" on the Blood Issue?

by Mastodon 168 Replies latest watchtower medical

• rootcause
    rootcause

Hello blondie,

Is it not following what GOD designed for human following the scriptures?

(Genesis 1:26) . . .And God went on to say: "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness. . .

(Matthew 6:9-10) . . .Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10

Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.

When the blood component/nutrients were extracted like what the placenta did, Is it not also pouring the blood? as an analogy can the pasenger be called the bus?

Also, medical or science is it not its function was just to discover and learn about the great God's creation? Remember man have not yet created anything out of nothing like the one true God.. . .

Thanks,

• rootcause
    rootcause

hello cygnus, jgnat, anyone,

What is an organization?

Just like this web site, Is it organized? Like, can it run without the sets of organized programs?

Need your definitions so that we can have a conclusion on the this blood issues. . .

Thanks,

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

rootcause

Maybe you don't avoid answering questions because you are rude or evasive, but because you speak English as a second (or third etc.) language and simply don't see the questions.

I doubt whether this is the reason as it is too systematic a pattern of behaviour. Instead of answering questions directly addressing the scriptual nature of the JW's blood doctrine you ask questions to distract attention away from the very point you cannot prove; that the JW's blood doctrine is scriptual.

However, I will give you the benefit of the and will repeat the questions you did not answer from my last post;

1/ Even in a situation where animals were slaughtered and not bled because soldiers were too hungry to be bothered, no people were punished as a result, even though the Mosaic Law demanded that such people be executed and allowed no such exceptions.

Please show me the scriptures which confirm that the current JW doctrine on blood (which allows no latitude for a Christian to exercise their conscience WITHOUT penalty), is correct.

In order to do this you would have to show from the scriptures why leniancy was shown to the soldiers who consumed blood, and from the scriptures why such leniancy cannot be shown today.

2/ I was not aware the word 'Organisation' was relevent to this discussion as I am not familiar with it in a Biblical context. Please provide a scripture using the word Organisation, and then I can agree whether "organisation' is a fair translation of a Greek or Hebrew word, and what its meaning would be in context.

3/ Do you seriously think Jesus would reply to someone who had lost a loved one in the cold and hard-hearted way you do?

If you show you can behave in a decent fashion in a discusion and answer my questions, rather than evading them (in a very unChristian fashion) I will answer yours. You will have to rephrase it however, as I don't know what you are talking about;

By the way who and what made the man in 1 Samuel 14,to eat along with Blood?

You are actually asking "who made the man to be eaten with blood in 1 Samuel 14", but I don't think you mean that. I assume you are actually asking "Who and what was the creator of mankind?" and "Who and what created blood?". Please provide proof of any other meaning you allege the scripture has.

• blondie
    blondie

Rootcause, you still haven't explained how JWs can use hemoglobin-based or other blood fractions made out of blood that was stored and not poured out as the scriptures say. If God's law regarding blood had been followed, there would be no blood to make those blood fractions to be used medically on JWs. Pouring out "on the ground", discarded is the meaning of the scripture not transferred from one body to another. Actually, following your logic, whole blood transfers between twins in the womb, on the basis of that whole blood should be permissible for JWs to have transfused.

Just because God created something, doesn't make all uses of it acceptable to God per the WTS.

w73 6/1 p. 339 Keeping God’s Congregation Clean in the Time of His Judgment ***

Tobacco addicts cannot Scripturally defend themselves by arguing that God created the tobacco plant and that it is part of the "vegetation" that God gave mankind for "food." (Gen. 1:29) Tobacco users do not use it as "food" by eating the green leaves as a salad or cooking it like spinach. No, but they cure these and use the dried, brown leaves for smoking, chewing (without swallowing the juice), or snuffing for physical sensations, and all of this with real harm to body and mind.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

rootcause

Still evading giving honest answers to simple questions I see.

"Judge a tree by its fruits" is one scripture I heartily agree with...

1. Still no answer to the key question of why the example of enforcement of absolute laws under Moses (which the Bible shows were not always applied due to circumstance even though there is no basis for this in the Mosaic code) is NOT followed by JW's today.
    2. Still no answer regarding where in the Bible the word 'organisation' can be found.
    3. Still no answer about your un-Christlike attitude towards others

I would advise you to tread very carefully. The Bible makes it clear that if we stumble others so that they do not benefit from scriptual instruction we are blood guilty.

As you are in clear violation of ONE set of 'organisation rules' by your presence here, preaching to us about how the same organsiation have ANOTHER set of rules about blood that must not be violated, how do you think Jesus would describe your behaviour? Hypocritical? Are you a 'super-fine apostle' who can ignore the council given with impunity? Have you discussed your willful and deliberate association with 'apostates' with your local Body of Elders?

Look how your behaviour calls god's word into disrepute...! And totally destroys any claims to credibility you might have.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

root, an organization is a group of persons working in concert with each other in order to achieve a goal or purpose.

In 1961, one of God's organizations's tenets was to carry out its scripturally based responsibility before the congregation and Jehovah God himself to put out or expel a knowing and willing receiver of a blood transfusion. That tenet is no longer considered important enough or have enough scriptural backing so as to please God. Why?

Also, are you aware that, as mentioned by many other posters on this thread, a JW can accept a wide variety of blood transfusions as long as the stored blood has been separated into its various parts? That leaves open the possibility for disease to manifest itself when a JW opts for such treatment, thereby rending the Watchtower's words untrue. To wit:

*** w90 7/15 p. 30 Insight on the News ***

For decades Jehovah’s Witnesses have faithfully ‘abstained from blood’ in any form as God’s Word commands at Acts 15:28, 29; 21:25. The protection this has afforded them from dreadful diseases transmitted through blood transfusions only exemplifies the correctness of their obedience to Jehovah God’s laws.

• rootcause
    rootcause

hello Abaddon,

... no mention of anyone beiong "cut off from amongst the people" as per the comandment in the Mosaic Law.-abaddon 14-Oct-05 18:14

You are actually asking "who made the man to be eaten with blood in 1 Samuel 14", but I don't think you mean that. I assume you are actually asking "Who and what was the creator of mankind?" and "Who and what created blood?". Please provide proof of any other meaning you allege the scripture has. abaddon-19-Oct-05 16:29

1.Still no answer to the key question of why the example of enforcement of absolute laws under Moses (which the Bible shows were not always applied due to circumstance even though there is no basis for this in the Mosaic code) is NOT followed by JW's today. Abaddon -19-Oct-05 21:58

Its time now to answer one of your questions since you did not understand what I meant:

By the way who and what made the man in 1 Samuel 14, to eat along with Blood? rootcause,19-Oct-05 09:29

1 ) Did it not the Saul made the people eat the blood because of ?:

(1 Samuel 14:24) And the men of Israel themselves were hard pressed on that day, and yet Saul put the people under the pledge of an oath, saying: "Cursed is the man that eats bread before the evening and until I have taken vengeance upon my enemies!" And none of the people tasted bread.

Did it not Saul died? just like Adam and Eve?

(Leviticus 17:10) ‘As for any man of the house of Israel or some alien resident who is residing as an alien in YOUR midst who eats any sort of blood, I shall certainly set my face against the soul that is eating the blood, and I shall indeed cut him off from among his people.

(1 Samuel 31:6) Thus Saul and his three sons and his armor-bearer, even all his men, came to die together on that day.

(Genesis 2:17) But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.. . .

how do you think Jesus would describe your behaviour? Hypocritical?abaddon,19-Oct-05 21:58

2) Are you an Apostate ? Did you not believed in Jesus Teachings? if you are why not the postmaster delete your post in this JW forum? Or are you just those people who needs to have the exact knowledge?

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

Defining an Organization: (not biblicaly in which to answer my question)

organization (also -isation) noun 1 [mass noun] the action of organizing something: the organization of conferences and seminars.
    the structure or arrangement of related or connected items: the spatial organization of the cells. an efficient and orderly approach to tasks: his lack of organization.
    2 an organized body of people with a particular purpose: a research organization. -OXFORD Dictionary

3) Can an organization be called an Organization without sets of rules and regulations? as for the bible, Is it not written well organized? can you see any contradicting verses? As for this Web site, if its not organized would it be possible for us to send this post? how about the guidelines of this Webpage, is it not made to organized the site by putting rule and regulations? Hope you understand what I mean about organization now?

Thanks,

• rootcause
    rootcause

hello blondie,

Is the hemoglobin-base or Blood fractions the blood itself? can you call the passenger the bus?

For tobacco, is it GOD who mis-used it or the People? When you said drink the can of Cola , do you mean including the can?

Thanks,

• blondie
    blondie

The point is, rootcause, is that in order to make these hemoglobin-based products, the manufacturers use stored blood. If the blood were poured out as the WTS says the Bible requires, there would be no hemoglobin-based products for the JW to use.

• TD
    TD

Rootcause,

Is the hemoglobin-base or Blood fractions the blood itself? can you call the passenger the bus?

By this line of reasoning we could just as well ask, "Are the erythrocytes the blood itself? Can you call the passenger the bus?"

Or how about, "Are the thrombocytes the blood itself?"

What do you think Rootcause? Could platelets be considered the blood itself?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit