Has there been any "New Light" on the Blood Issue?

by Mastodon 168 Replies latest watchtower medical

• rootcause
    rootcause

Hello blondie,

this is why (your post) I am discussing it with jgnat [edited]:

The constant circulation of fetal and maternal blood and the very thin tissue separation of fetal blood in the capillaries from maternal blood bathing the villi provide a mechanism for efficient interchange of blood constituents between the maternal and fetal bloodstreams without (normally) allowing any opportunity for the blood of one to pour across into the blood vessels of the other.- Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.

Also, this is why I asked that if you discovered today that the best treatment for cancer (as an example) outdated the 1960's, 70's and 80's and even the 90's, will you still undergone the old treatment?

did the WTS violated the Bible then or did it not followed?

Thanks,

• jgnat
    jgnat

Rootcause, your comment is very rude and I am going to ask the board administrators to delete it.

Also, it is insensitive to quote a bunch of scriptures to someone who just lost his brother.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

rootcause

Abaddon, have you not see that jgnats post already answered your questions? you mentioned 1Samuel which was written 1078 B.C.E while Act 15:29 was written 61C.E. Does it not got the latest revision hierarchy, in which generalized abstain from Blood?

The fact is under Mosaic Law there were situations where consumption of blood was permitted with a minor penalty, even though consumption of blood in general was a capital offense.

Even in a situation where animals were slaughtered and not bled becuase soldiers were too hungry to be bothered, no people were punished as a result, even though the Mosaic Law demanded that such people be executed and allowed no such exceptions.

Thus you can point at Acts all you like and still get no where in proving you have the correct interpretation. It says 'abstain', but the Bible shows clear examples where forgiveness was shown for what was seen as (in context) a needful violation of a clear and absolute prohibition under Mosaic law, even when there was no "get-out" clause in the Mosaic Law as there was with animals found dead.

It is this clear Biblical example which you and others who agree with the JW stance on blood totally ignore.

Please show me the scriptures which confirm that the current JW doctrine on blood, which allows no latitude for a Christian to exercise their conscience WITHOUT penalty, is correct.

In order to do this you would have to show why leniancy was shown to the soldiers who consumed blood, and why such leniancy cannot be shown today.

The only exception I can think of is if consumption of blood ALSO involved worshipping another 'god'. We have clear examples of Christians and Jews who refused to compromise their stance when it came to worshipping others (Nebuchadnezzar, Caeser, etc.), even if their life was threatened. However, medicinal use of blood, i.e. the use of blood for sustinance (if one accepts that argument) is in no way an act of worship, and the "death penalty" handed out by Elders is unscriptual... unless you can prove otherwise using the Bible as I have specified above.

Also jgnat, did not answer my question to answer both you're question with regards to Act15:29. Is Vitamin C taken as a pill different from injectable Vitamin C?

This is not relevent to the issue I am asking for you to justify the Witness doctrine on. You are introducing a side issue which doesn;t have any impact on the questions I asked you. I am asking you to justify the uncompromising and unforgiving stance taken when it is in contrast to that shown in the Bible to violitions of absolute Mosaic laws.

To further, answer all your questions I asked then for you to define Organization. . .because your questions are pertaining to organization. . .

I am unfamiliar with where the term "Organisation" appears in the Bible. If it doesn't appear in the Bible I don't see its relevence to this discussion, unless you put man-made law in front of god's. Please provide a scriptual reference, and then I can agree whether "organsation' is a fair translation of a Greek or Hebrew word, and what its meaning would be in context.

Oh, rootcause, do you seriously think Jesus would reply to someone the way you do below?

Our mother died because of Blood transfusion, we were not JW then. . . to answer your question further:

(Genesis 9:2-4) . . .. 3

Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU. 4 Only flesh with its soul—its blood—YOU must not eat.

(Acts 15:29) 29

to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!"

(Leviticus 17:14) For the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood by the soul in it. Consequently I said to the sons of Israel: "YOU must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off."

(Acts 24:15) 15

and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous. . .
    • If Genesis only pertaining to eating blood and not blood transfusion, the man is alive today but on which side most probabily you be in Acts 24:15 comparing with Act 15:29?
    • If Genesis is only pertaining to eating blood and not blood transfusion, then what will happen to the soul of the patient added with the soul of the donor refering to Leviticus 17:14?
    • If Act 15:29 includes blood tranfusion from abstaining from blood, what will happen to the patient in the future life, Psalm 37:29? which side of probabily will he be in Act 24:15?

... if you disagree, please give examples from the Bible...

... we have to judge a tree by its fruits, see, and I don't see 'love' in your reply, so I wonder if you are actually living up to the label you apply to yourself...?

• blondie
    blondie
    Hello blondie,

this is why (your post) I am discussing it with jgnat the placenta:

The constant circulation of fetal and maternal blood and the very thin tissue separation of fetal blood in the capillaries from maternal blood bathing the villi provide a mechanism for efficient interchange of blood constituents between the maternal and fetal bloodstreams without (normally) allowing any opportunity for the blood of one to pour across into the blood vessels of the other.- Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.

Also, this is why I asked that if you discovered today that the best treatment for cancer (as an example) outdated the 1960's, 70's and 80's and even the 90's, will you still undergone the old treatment?

did the WTS violated the Bible then or did it not followed?

Rootcause, there is no scripture in your comment. The scriptural law on stored blood that the WTS espouses has not been rescinded officially by the WTS. Merely ignored when giving individual JWs permission to use hemoglobin-based products (blood fractions) made with stored blood. When people ask for a scripture you provide none. When they do not ask for one you flood them with scriptures.

IAlso, this is why I asked that if you discovered today that the best treatment for cancer (as an example) outdated the 1960's, 70's and 80's and even the 90's, will you still undergone the old treatment?

Bad analogy, because the medical efficacy of a treatment is not the issue but the scripturalness of it. Even if non-JWs came up with a treatment that cured cancer but violated what the WTS says is God's law, the WTS should not change, because God has not changed.

• TD
    TD

Rootcause,

• If Genesis only pertaining to eating blood and not blood transfusion, the man is alive today but on which side most probabily you be in Acts 24:15 comparing with Act 15:29?

Since Genesis only pertains to eating blood and not to blood transfusion, then future resurrection hopes are immaterial to this discussion.

But hypothetically speaking, IF Genesis does pertain to transfusion, then you could argue that future resurrection hopes would temper any resultant loss of life that occurred. Obviously though, you would need to prove the "IF" before you made that argument.

• If Genesis is only pertaining to eating blood and not blood transfusion, then what will happen to the soul of the patient added with the soul of the donor refering to Leviticus 17:14?

Nothing. The connection between "soul" and "blood" is purely metaphorical regardless of what Genesis pertains to

• If Act 15:29 includes blood tranfusion from abstaining from blood, what will happen to the patient in the future life, Psalm 37:29? which side of probabily will he be in Act 24:15?

This is basically the same as your first question. Again, IF Acts 15:29 includes transfusion medicine you could then argue that future resurrection hopes temper any resultant loss of life. But again, you would need to proove the "IF" before you made that argument.

Meaning no disrespect, these type of questions do nothing to advance the discussion. I could just as easily turn the question back to you and say:

• If Acts 15:29 DOES NOT pertain to blood transfusion would you be bloodguilty for any resultant loss of life that arose due to your mistaken belief that it did?

But a question like this is not only insulting, it would be pointless in the absence of any proof of the "IF." This is why I explained to you in considerable detail, the grammatical reasons why Acts 15:29 does not pertain to transfusion.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

rootcause, I realize you have much to digest here with so many posting to you, but the issue is not whether I would use the 1961 policy or not, the issue is: is it the congregation's scriptural responsibility, before Jehovah God, to expel JWs who accept whole blood knowingly and willingly? Or isn't it? Because in 1961 they went very far to prove it was, but now they say it isn't. Which is correct, in your mind? That's all I am asking. It's really very simple, and has nothing to do with whether the Bible forbids the medical use of blood at all or what a Christian's conscience may decide.

• rootcause
    rootcause

hello jgnat,

I am just showing the other side of the coin. . . What's the difference between a JW and a Worldly who did not accept and accept blood transfusion? As I have told you, our mother died due to blood transfusion and we were not JW then.

I just want to show the balance point of view here, with or without transfusion the bottom line we will die.

(Genesis 2:17) But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die."

(Romans 5:12) 12

That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned. . .

The question now again which side of the probability do you want to be on Act 24:15?

(Acts 24:15) 15 and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous

thanks,

• rootcause
    rootcause

hello abaddon,

By the way who and what made the man in 1 Samuel 14, to eat along with Blood?

thanks,

• rootcause
    rootcause

Hello Blondie,

you are correct God has not Change.

(Titus 1:2) upon the basis of a hope of the everlasting life which God, who cannot lie, promised before times long lasting,

but technology showed how great is God's work, how the placenta separated the nutrients/components from the blood which is it's vehicle. Is it not therefore logical to use the nutrients and components which blood delivers to a baby to a human, therefore without the blood as what the placenta's doing?

Thanks,

• blondie
    blondie

But that is not a scriptural basis. The issue about blood is not a medical basis but a moral/spiritual one, that blood belongs to God and that is why it is poured out, all of it including the blood fractions.. The WTS is being very, very hypocritical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit