OMG!!! YOU MUST READ THIS!!!! My appeal letter worked!!!

by kwintestal 89 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Oh Brenda, I only found out about it yesterday. The elders decided on Wednesday night and told me about it on Thursday. It'll be a week until the announcement will be read.

Oops, sorry. This has been a LONG week.....

Hugs

Brenda (of the eagerly awaiting next Thursday's report from Kwin class)

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Wow Kwin! Hard to know how to respond really...congrats? condolences? har! Knowing the P.O. as I do, I'm not surprised he turned tail.

• Jourles
    Jourles

**flipping through the calender**

Hmmm, we're nowhere near April....

• peggy
    peggy

I don't know if a weird SHIFT is happening, but in veiw of RR's experience and now Kwin, I have another odd experience told to me just yesterday. A young man in his late 20's who was disfellowshiped, committed suicide in our local area two weeks ago. I didn't personally know him but my adult children knew who is was. A memorial was held for him in the local senior center and an elder gave the talk. Over 400 people attended. By the way this young man's mother is also disfellowshiped, rumor has it that one of his brothers is about to be disfellowshiped. Many witnesses offered condolences to the mother and family. Apparently their is some controversy surrounding this event, with some very unhappy that an elder gave the talk and that so many attended. Frankly it was the first time in a long time that I felt proper compassion and kindness had been shown!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I recently asked my presiding overseer why the new announcement reguarding disfellowshipping (joe smo is no longer a Jehovar)?

He frankly said it's for lawsuit protection.

I said, does not the catholic church still call you "excommunicated"? he could not answer

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I'll wait and listen for jaws to drop now! Mine is still on the floor!

Welcome to the Sacred Clown aspect of life.........the Heyokah, what some call Coyote/Raven medicine...............I am happy for you, Kwin, if you are!

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

alt

ROTFLMFAO!!! Dude, you have balls of steel!!

Terri, of the former elder's wife class

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

They don't say "So-and-so has been disfellowshipped" any longer as an announcement to the congo? They word it differently now?

I think I remember years back when someone was DF'd the announcement was, to wit: "The ________ congregation of JWs has disfellowshipped ________."

Sorry if this was already covered. I've been in a coma-like state for a couple of days.

Also, Joe Malik's story is found in his book, Beyond the Watchtower, 1982 Vantage Press. ISBN 533-05244-0. 8 years ago he had the whole book online, I was reading it online, then he sent me a free hardcover book. Try finding it here: http://home.earthlink.net/~jmalik/btwbook.html . He wrote the Society a bunch of letters which are reproduced and discusses the responses from "EI:ESE", "EF:ESY", and "SCH:SSH" (code names on Society letters identifying the writer). It's a fun book to read.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Cygnus said:
    ===========
    "EI:ESE", "EF:ESY", and "SCH:SSH" (code names on Society letters identifying the writer).
    ===========

You do realize that this is fairly standard business practice at large corporations? The initials of the individual who authored the letter preced the colon; the initials of the typist... sorry, "keyboard entry person" follow the colon.

~Quotes, of the "Full Colon" class

• steve2
    steve2
    A young man in his late 20's who was disfellowshiped, committed suicide in our local area two weeks ago. I didn't personally know him but my adult children knew who is was. A memorial was held for him in the local senior center and an elder gave the talk.

This is highly unusual; unique in fact. I wouldn't be surprised if that elder will be hauled before the body of elders and asked to account for his giving a talk at the unfortunate young man's memorial service.

Please keep us up to date on this because it may be an indication of some rebellion in the ranks or it may be an unique act of Christian compassion. Good thread!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit