Where (Who) in the World is Hibiscusfire?

by Big Dog 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I noticed that Hibie hasn't posted since the Dating thread where it was pointed out that she borrowed some of her material from other websites, blogs, etc.

Hibie has quickly become a fixture here with her threads that draw responses like crazy and her unusual preaching style. I don't think I am alone in wondering just who she really is since she seems to avoid all questions directed to her about who she is, how she came to this website, what she is trying to accomplish.

She has been called everything from mentally ill, to born again, to a troll by those on the board.

Hibie, in all seriousness, I'd really like to know who you are and how you got here. If you are a teenager having fun, that's okay, but some of the stuff on this forum isn't really appropriate for a younger teen. If you are here to evangilize I'd be interested to know how you found this site and why you decided to preach here.

As I asked in the Dating thread, will the real Hibiscusfire please stand up.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

You caught me!

• damselfly
    damselfly

I enjoy Hibiscusfire, she is in my top ten posters.

Seriously

Dams

• talesin
    talesin

Good question.

Hibs, we are calling you out! Come on gurl, let us know who you are.

tal

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

To be fair, I think Hib is heavily influenced by others and the preaching she does may be just parroting sermons she has heard. Perhaps she does it because it makes her feel good, or even superior. She believes she is doing good, and is oblivious to the potential spiritual harm she could cause to potential or wavering Christians.

I am saddened. Christianity is contracting in Europe & North America because of the impact of 20th century fundamentalism. These people have managed to convince many that the real Christian message is a literalistic one about a violent end to the world and the miraculous salvation of a few people with fantastic beliefs. That is why so many Western people have turned away from Christianity, as irrelevant to their hopes and concerns. In my view they are as wrong as Islamic or any other kind of fundamentalists.

The inner spiritual meaning of most of the Bible, and the importance of metaphor and symbolism in bringing Christians to greater spiritual perception and awareness, has been completely lost.

Hibiscus and folks like her are well meaning, but if they achieve anything, it is the opposite of what they intend. I suspect she is browsing other sites, inadvertantly turning other folks off Christianity.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hibicusfire is a comedy genius, in the same vein as the late great Andy Koffman. She's a welcome edition on this forum IMO.

GBL

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

Andy Koffman was the man.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

She is a bit of a Bait and Switch con. I've notice her posting seemingly innocent subject matter, but then when offered explanations about similarities and differences, she will come back well informed. At times her stuff has a faint "poor me" odor to it. And why, if she was never a dub, and doesn't know any dubs, is she posting here?

Inquiring Minds and all that rott

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

now I got that song stuck in my head!

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?

Well she sneaks around the world from Kiev to Carolina,
    She's a sticky-fingered filcher from Berlin down to Belize,
    She'll take you for a ride on a slow boat to China,
    Tell me where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

Steal their Seoul in South Korea, make Antarctica cry Uncle,
    From the Red Sea to Greenland they'll be singing the blues,
    Well they never Arkansas her steal the Mekong from the jungle,

She go from Nashville to Norway, Bonaire to Zimbabwe,
    Chicago to Czechoslovakia and back!

Well she'll ransack Pakistan and run a scam in Scandinavia,
    Then she'll stick 'em up Down Under and go pick-pocket Perth,
    She put the Miss in misdemeanor when she stole the beans from Lima,
    Oh tell me where in the world is... Oh tell me where can she be?

Ooh, Botswana to Thailand, Milan via Amsterdam,
    Mali to Bali, Ohio, Oahu...!

Well she glides around the globe and she'll flimflam every nation,
    She's a double-dealing diva with a taste for thievery,
    Her itinerary's loaded up with moving violations,

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Hey, I thought she might be on a date with GBL.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit