my first cup of coffee.....

by bikerchic 44 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

I only quit having coffee after 7pm...unless it's a special occassion. I love coffee and I'm from Seattle.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Also, I read somewhere that so many people do not understand their craving. They get a "pang" and think it's hunger, when it's actually thirst. They just eat out of habit instead of listening to their system. I've been much more deliberate about drinking water than I ever have been.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I gave up sugar on January 3 this year. One thing at a time. Oh, and I've lost 32 pounds.

Coffee is not on my list of vices. I have always loved coffee and have been drinking it since I was a teen.............drink it black too. My parents are big coffee drinkers and are 92 and 93. I doubt it will kill them.

Also, I read somewhere that so many people do not understand their craving. They get a "pang" and think it's hunger, when it's actually thirst. They just eat out of habit instead of listening to their system. I've been much more deliberate about drinking water than I ever have been.

That's true. I remember many times telling my mother I was hungry and she would tell me to drink a glass of water. It turns out she was right.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just had my cup of the day boy was it good

• rebel8
    rebel8

Any of you that have dissed coffee in this thread, please be advised there will be a Judicial Committee meeting tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. in my kitchen. The purpose of this meeting will be to investigate allegations that you have apostasized against caffeine, coffee, espresso, and cappuccino. Be advised that speaking against such heavenly drinks is an offense worthy of disfellowshipping from my small circle of JWD coffee aficionados. Doing so may result in permanent shunning.

The meeting will commence with a prayer to the coffee bean gods and then a brewed cup of espresso will be served to each attendee. Each person will be required to drink the entire cup to prove he is not a coffee apostate. Notes will be taken regarding your facial expressions and how much sugar you attempt to water down your drink with. The notes will remain in the congregation’s records indefinitely. If you wince or use more than a teaspoon of sugar, your privileges of carrying the microphones will be revoked.

You will then be interrogated to determine if you believe espresso is the Faithful and Discreet Slave of coffees. After that, I will be interrogating to determine what positions you had sex in, if you had orgasms, and if you were wearing thong underwear. This is necessary to determine the depth of your wrongdoing--if you are guilty of loose conduct or something much worse.

If you are wishy-washy about your coffee preferences, you will be deemed a fence sitter and the coffee bean gods will spit you out of their mouths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit