my first cup of coffee.....

by bikerchic 44 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

Finally free ~ I agree with Tal, you need more good fat in your diet. Olive oil is great and the calories in what you will use aren't very much. The trade off is that the fat will keep you fuller for longer and satisfy your hunger faster. This way you eat less empty calories.

Dams

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I own my own expresso machine (the Nabucco Model from DeLonghi...very cheap under $100.00 USD and full of features) and own several stove top expresso pots from BIALETTI. Here's a piece of interesting trivia, French Press isn't really french, the process was invented in Italy, but popularized by the french.

I also enjoy purchasing beans and roasting them myself in the oven in a special metal pan. It's fun to experiment.

I also live for wine. My relatives in Argentina and Italy both make home made wines and love expresso.

• talesin
    talesin

UR, I would never have thought of roasting myr own beans, cool! I don't know what brand my espresso maker is, but my friend brought it back for me from Milano.

Here's my fav ...

The typical Turkish coffee is traditionally prepared in a small copper pot called Cezve. Heat together at the same time coffee powder, water and sugar on a low flame. When the liquid boils, then serve the 'Kahve' in small mocca cups. There are three types to order : 'sade' (without sugar), 'orta' (the Turkish word for medium, in this case little sugar) and 'sekerli' (for sweet). By the way - perhaps you will find someone here or around Bodrum, who will read your future from the coffee grounds. This is a very popular here in Turkey.

My Syrian b/friend used this for a wake-up in the morning, as he worked 7 days/week, 18 hrs a day ... it packs a punch!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Ohhh yeah!!! Turkish coffee rocks!

W

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

OMG you guys are cracking me up!

I used to take my coffee in an IV drip! Nooooo more! This morning on my bike ride I had this aweful taste like coffee puke in my mouth.......enough I would rather ride my bike coffee puke free thank you very much!

FF:

I adjusted my diet about a month ago. I'm eating fruits and vegetables every day now when previously I had almost none. I'm eating whole grain breads and cereals and have cut back my intake of red meat to once per week instead of every day. Instead of regular eggs I eat the stuff from the carton with substantially reduced amounts of fat and cholesterol. I have turkey strips instead of bacon or sausages. Instead of burgers and fries with gravy for lunch I now bring salads with spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and red peppers to work. No salad dressing either! I don't add sugar or salt to anything. No more snacking. The result??? I GAINED 10 POUNDS!

Remember calories in calories out........you may be eating better wholesome foods but watch the calories and increase exercise if you are wanting to loose weight. Even though it's good for you it can still pack a paunch, er punch with the calories. Oh yeah I learned yesterday it's all about the poop! Did Oprah really say banana shaped floaters? LMAO!

http://www2.oprah.com/health/yourbody/slide/slide_yourbody_digestion_101.jhtml

Tal girl you crack me up!

Oh and ya know an occassional break in diet for something like say coffee with sugar and Creamora thank you in it or YUMMY PIZZA.......is okay.

I'm so hyper, I'm typing and I can't stop............................................HELP!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I used to take my coffee in an IV drip! Nooooo more! This morning on my bike ride I had this aweful taste like coffee puke in my mouth.......enough I would rather ride my bike coffee puke free thank you very much!

UGH! Coffee puke! I'm guessing you didn't have any food with your coffee.

About the calories, I'm finding out how high some of these fruits are in them!

W

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The trade off is that the fat will keep you fuller for longer and satisfy your hunger faster.

Maybe that'll help if I can feel full longer. To put it mildly, my digestive system is VERY efficient while the rest of my metabolism seems to be the opposite.

W

• talesin
    talesin

Kate,

It is all in the poop! (I saw that show a while ago) Having learned recently about my celiac's, and adjusted my diet accordingly, I am proud to say that I now have healthy stools!

And YES, I will eat some 'za when I just can't take it any longer. Now that I've stopped the grains completely in my everyday diet, I can have wheat once in a blue moon with enzymes and it doesn't bother me too much. I'm still askeered to have pasta (my second love) though, cause it was far too painful the last time (that was about 2 years ago)! I took 2 forkfuls, and doubled over. Poison, I say, poison to me! (oy, now I am getting very hungry)

tal

• talesin
    talesin

FF

Re: Fruit, I have one thing to say to you ---- AVOCADO! It's sooo good for you. Oh, yes, I can add MANGO, as well (has special enzymes that help with digestion). Most fruit is VERY high in sugar (fructose). It's quite fascinating once you get into it. I started with Jane Brody's Guide to Nutrition; although it is a relatively old book, I highly recommend it. It's an interesting read, and is NOT a diet book, but a nutritional guide to what foods actually contain, how they interact, and how our bodies process them.

t

• Englishman
    Englishman

I gave up hard work!

Now I just work 4 days a week, 9 -3, unless it's raining.

I also gave up going to the pub at 9 pm. Now I go at 10.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit