national service

by Ellie 94 Replies latest jw friends

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Hhhhhmmm I see what you mean. Ive seen this a bit myself.

I guess the differentiator is the fact they are in University at all.

I would say they are simply copying the Chav look.... to put it another way- just because a football fan wears the team shirt, doesnt mean he plays for the team.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Ellie

... and a love bite, just to finish the 'look' off.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yes, I definately agree with National Service, having seen the rubbish we let out of school (hell I teach that rubbish - sorry guys).

I think from 16 - 18 you should have a choice of either A levels, properly accredited technical training (and only for shortage jobs like plumbers, electricians, style gurus etc) or National Service.

In fact - HELL - I think school should be compulsory until 18 - then you should have 2 years national service ontop. 18 is way too young and hormone fuelled to be let out onto an unsuspecting world.

• under74
    under74
    18 is way too young and hormone fuelled to be let out onto an unsuspecting world.

So you'd rather them put in the military and given a gun in some other part of the world? Or does the UK military work differently than the US?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I think theres more training than just sending them to Iraq with a gun. Thing is, to be totally honest it will teach them respect first and foremostly. After that society is better off....

• under74
    under74

wow...sounds like a lot of right wingers in the US. I think I'm taking this to heart because I know people said the same kinds of things that are written here about me when I was a teen. That's all I have to say on this.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Ok, but when you look at kids doing the same things you did when you were a kid- what do you think?

• Ellie
    Ellie

National service would teach them some discipline aswell as respect, it would teach them to be a lot more civilised and show them there is more to life than sleeping all day and getting stoned, straighten the little toe rags out.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Completely agree Ellie....

Talking about Chavs, have you heard about this new scheme about stopping Chavs hanging around bus shelters and outside off licences etc?

This is entirely true... shop owners and bus companies etc are installing small speakers outside their premisis/shelters and playing classical music/sinatra etc. Its working a treat because no self-respecting Chav wants to hang around where Mozart is playing!!!!!

• Ellie
    Ellie

Paul J - lmao

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit