national service

by Ellie 94 Replies latest jw friends

• scotsman
    scotsman

And a ned is a schemie.

• under74
    under74

wha...what the hell language are you people speaking?

• scotsman
    scotsman

taken from chavworld.co.uk

What is a Chav?

'chav' (slang) - a young person, often without a high level of education, who follows a particular fashion; Chavs usually wear designer labels including the chav favourite 'Burberry', and if they’re girls, very short skirts, large hoop earrings and stilettos.

Chavs see branded baseball caps as a status symbol and wear them at every opportunity. Normally found hanging around shopping centres.

Also known as Townies, Kevs, Hood Rats, Charvers, Steeks, Stigs, Bazzas, Yarcos, Ratboys, Chorer, Skangers, Scutters, Janners, Kappa Slappers, Scallies, and Spides. Also known as Neds in Scotland, knackers & skangers in Ireland, and Guidos in the USA

• under74
    under74

Oooh, okay....so in the US we would call them hipsters or middle class white boy wannabees or spoiled brats.

• under74
    under74

I have no problem with shipping them all to Iraq

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Under74

www.chavscum.co.uk

This is all you need to know.... oh and I should add the branded clothes are usually 'fake' and they are def NOT middle class....

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    so in the US we would call them hipsters or middle class white boy wannabees or spoiled brats.

No, definitely not middle class. They'd be working class if they weren't so lazy and stupid. "Trailer trash" would be close.

• under74
    under74

oh...I see. I see thanks for the clarification. BTW I've been called trailer trash, white trash and redneck before although I'm not lazy and have an MFA...just grew up on the "wrong side of the tracks"

• scotsman
    scotsman

Paul

There is evidence of some middle class aping the chavs, hence the rise of Estuary English. My time at uni here was while chav culture was on the rise. The uni attracts a ridiculously large proportion of upper middle class kids (yes, friends of Prince William were in my year) and in first year they were still all Yahs, long scarves, ethnic beads, flicky hair and moth eaten jumpers -shabby chic that you have to be rich to get away with. By 4th year however there was a notable difference in the first year intake with a lot of fake tan, pram-face (tight blonde pony tails) and high street fashion on the kids from Marlborough, Cheltenham Ladies and Ampleforth.

Chavitis seems infectious.

• Ellie
    Ellie

The dress code for chavs usually goes something along the lines of Rockport boots with white trainer socks, with Adidas trackie bottoms tucked in, the top can vary but is often Helly Hanson, Adidas or Rockport and ofcorse the compulsary fake Burberry baseball cap.

It also helps to have a few chipped or missing teeth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit