What's the hardest thing you ever had to do?

by Country Girl 67 Replies latest jw friends

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Hold my wifes hand and watch her cry, as she realized she was gonna have a second miscarriage.

That ripped my heart right out, It still makes me cry 1 year later.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Giving birth to every last one of my children. In the midst of labor I would think "I cant do this" and "I'm never doing this again" then I would see my baby and totally forget (for the time being) all that went before.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Aw man Jeeprube that's rough

hugs for your ((((((wifey))))))

Josie

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    Hold my wifes hand and watch her cry, as she realized she was gonna have a second miscarriage.

That ripped my heart right out, It still makes me cry 1 year later.

That is the saddest thing I have ever heard. I am so very sorry Jeeprube. I am so very sorry. Brooke

• Quentin
    Quentin

Edit:I've got to take my time when posting, too quick with the keys... Hardest thing? Sitting down with my nine year old grand-daughter and explaning the who, when, where of her mother's molestation. What happened, how it happened and what it did to her mother. It was one of my uncle's by marriage. Cutting off my side of the family was easy(she asked about that)but not this and I belived I was a tuff guy...not anymore....

• poppers
    poppers

Returning to school the same day after peeing my pants in 2nd grade. My mother made me take a bath and go right back to school. I didn't live that one down until the following year when a classmate peed her pants. Well, it may not be the hardest thing, but it sure sticks out in my memory.

• sf
    sf
    What's the hardest thing you ever had to do?

Memorializing my sons life, at his death.

sKally

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

This thread is choking me up. Hugs to all of you.

GBL

• jgnat
    jgnat

A side benefit of these tough things, is that I know it is all survivable. I am one tough lady. Sometimes subordinates make the mistake of thinking I am a pushover. By the time they are done taking a swipe at me, they are usually laying on the floor (figuratively).

• prophecor
    prophecor

Trying to sit thru my Aunt's waning moments while she was dying from colon rectal cancer. I didn't want to see her in such a condition.

We all most assuredly will die one day, that's providing God doesn't do something to address the problems that exist in our lives, on this planet sooner. I never wanted to look death in the face that closely. Nobody wants to die, alone. I'm reminded everytime I have a spell or a bout with choking to death in my sleep due to having sleep apnea, knowing it may be my last night on earth.

I would prefer not to be reminded that the grave too will come to be my home, especially after the disillusionment that has come as a result of believing the timetable the Brooklyn Boys would have us believe about God's fixing the things that desperately need fixing here on earth.

Her last hours were not what I wanted to face. To go there, however, and put on my bravest face possible was all that I could do. To let her know that I loved her. I didn't want to fill her last moments with surface talk, but wanted her to leave with the thought that she made a difference in my life, despite the fact that I tried several times to be a witness who had failed miserably at the job of being human. Keeping myself seperated from those who did not believe as we believed. It was one of the most difficult moments to view my Aunt on her death bed. To recognize that I will be one who will suffer the same fate, somehow.

My reasons and motives were selfish. They only pertained to what was important to me at the time, above and beyond the fact that she was the one who was dying. Edited to Add: Also kissing the corpse of my Aunt at the end of the funeral. I wouldn't do it at the onset of the viewing, having seen the person just ahead of me do so and being a little weirded out by it, but after the ceremony was over, I made certain that I was to kiss the corpse of my Aunt, it was the least that I could do, she was about to be buried, I was still blessed with the breath of life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit