What's the hardest thing you ever had to do?

by Country Girl 67 Replies latest jw friends

• chrissy
    chrissy
    Deliver my baby daughter. Still gives me chills!

lol. With all due respect, are you sure you want to take credit for that, roy?

gee, after reading through everyone else's toughest obstacles the thing I was going to mention starting sounding like kiddy stuff somewhere in between colon cancer, prison, and bottles of brandy.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

John Doe, my heart and empathy go out to you, having been through a similar ordeal with my mother. She died in my arms.

I guess leaving my first husband on his knees screaming, "Heather, pleaseeeee don't leaveeeeeeeeee meeeeeee!!" at the top of his lungs. To think of it, his voice still echoes in my mind. He was on the street below the L platform in Chicago, without the money to get through the turnstyles. I was on the platform awaiting the train and I had to listen to him until the train came. I never laid eyes on him again. I was pregnant with our daughter. We were both about to turn 20. We did talk on the phone once and exchange letters and pictures of Carrie-Anne. We lost touch though, and his sister called me early in 1996. I asked her about him and she told me he had died from AIDS three years earlier.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

The most difficult of all will be dealing with the death of my father.

The hardest thing I did in the past was realizing caty was gone, how I completely lost control, our family business was moving on without me, and I wanted to kill myself. So I guess the hardest thing was humbling myself and spending 3 days in a hospital psyche ward and all the horrific events I witnessed therein. I'd never go back to a place like that. What keeps me going now is hoping for a better future, living and marrying caty, getting my arms and hands back, and managing the business. But right now, the hardest thing is keeping that positive mental attitude, and I credit caty first and foremost, my parents, certain people here like AlanF and Eduardo, and my good friend chris, who always greets me and leaves me with a hug and a "I love you."

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Watching the little girl I delivered and raised, die in a hospital room after 29 days of suffering.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

When I split up with my ex and had to leave my children behind.....

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Im really humbled by the things some of you have survived. Kind of puts my life in perspective.

Hardest thing for me was divorce, even though in retrospect it was the best thing for me.

Worst part was one night when I drove off, got blind drunk on a beach, phoned a friend from a public phone box telling him I wanted to die, he had no idea where I was but phoned police, in the meantime some poor woman found me slumped in the phonebox, and took me into her car - where I proceeded to empty the contents of my stomach into her passenger footwell. Theres grattitude for you!! Police brought me home, husband said in morning "well I hope you are proud of yourself". Well I was actually - I thought it was a stirling performance, and I didnt even have a hangover!

I really did feel bad for the woman though - nothing like a litre of Whiskey vomit to freshen up your vehicle!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I have had pretty hard times.

Having to tell Mom where Dad really is...I couldn't lie.

Having to grab my brothers and say lets go get some Ice Cream because I knew it would be Hell at home.

Empty out my bank account so my brothers had lunch money, clothes, school supplies.

Watch the elders rip my Dad last ounce of self esteem from him.

After all of this.....I have had more balls then anyone I know. I tell the elders were they can go. If I walk into the kingdom hall I swear to god every "MS" "Elder" is in the corner far away from me. If I wanted to I could ruin their lives in a sec. However...I will not let them take my hardships anymore. They can't have anymore.

So far the hardest thing I have done was Give birth...60 hours and pushing for 3 hours...it was excruciating and exasperatingly hard. I thought I was going to die.

Brooke

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Deciding to leave my alcoholic deadbeat husband while I was newly pregnant and then going through a year and a half of hell with him while being a scared young single mom. No support financial or otherwise from him then and still none.

But also just as hard is knowing that my son will grow up without the love and support of his natural father and the possible emotional problems it may give him.

-April

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

You all deserve a HUGE hug......

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

give her up

at the time my wife was prepared to divorce..but i knew that it was wrong for me to be with the girl i was involved with...it was like going through 2 divorces at the same time..without friends or family or faith or god to help....it was without doubt the most pain i have ever felt

I often say to myself, "If I got through THAT I can get through anything." But, I don't know anymore. My tolerance for misery has limits. I just hope I never discover them.
    you got me again terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit