What's the hardest thing you ever had to do?

by Country Girl 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I think the hardest thing I ever went through was my divorce. It was something I knew I needed to go through, and get over, but it was the hardest thing of my life. I wanted the divorce, but it was so very painful...

What's the hardest thing you've ever gone through? How did you get through it?

CG

• roybatty
    roybatty

Deliver my baby daughter. Still gives me chills!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Feeling compelled to break up with a girlfriend because of the evil mind games of the Jehovah cult.

GBL

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

divorce was a relief.. hardest thing i ever had to do was go thru my childs serious illness. never felt so scared and helpless in my life, things worked out but it was scary for a few months! i grew up fast.

second hardest was my husbands infidelity. that just gutted me.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

You all been through some pretty bad painful stuff.... what helped you get through it? For me, I just had the blind hope that it was gonna get better some day. I had no reason to believe, but for some reason I kept hoping that everything was gonna get better. I just had hope, and that helped me alot.. What helped you?

CG

• damselfly
    damselfly

The hardest thing was leaving my family behind in the JW's. The second hardest was telling my ex I wanted a divorce.

The only thing that got me thru it was knowing I needed to do them both for the sake of my mental health. I would have lost my mind otherwise.

Dams

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

My relationship's on the skids. The hardest thing I'm presently facing, is the prospect of breaking up with the love of my life. We love each other so very much, but it's just not working. I want marriage, he wants singlehood.

What's getting me through this time is the fact that I acknowledge my limitations. I can't handle it all right now, so I'm setting a date by which we should have things resolved, one way or the other. By that date, I hope to be better prepared, mentally, to deal with this. Or, he might have an epiphany and decide I'm worth trying to keep. Either way, better six months from now than today.

• avishai
    avishai

Hear my little brothers being told our father was dead. Reject Df'd relatives as a kid.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Quit smoking cigarettes cold-turkey. (four months strong now by the way with no slip ups.)

• damselfly
    damselfly
    Or, he might have an epiphany and decide I'm worth trying to keep. Either way, better six months from now than today.

Do you really want to be with someone who doesn't know if he wants you? That can't make up his mind?

My ex played this game with me for years. Telling me he wanted to be single, that he wanted to date other people etc. I stayed for years hoping he would choose me. Which he would do when things in his life were good. As soon as he had problems I was to blame and he wanted to move on. I tired of it and made the decision to leave him. I was worth more. I think you are too.

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit