What's the hardest thing you ever had to do?

by Country Girl 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

its apparent that most of us have had hard times to deal with.. but we also have to remember we are SURVIVORS

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, CG!! *waves*

I'd like to add, survivors and eventually, thrivers.

tal

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

((((((hugs to everyone)))))))))))))

i feel like im going thru my hardest thing right now got to tell my lovely family i dont want the 'truth' (they think i will get reinstated very soon and they cry all the time etc etc coz if you dont want the 'truth' apparently that means you may as well be dead!

and tell my husband i cant go back to a violent releationship, tho hes threatened me that if i dont go back he will try and take my daughter away from me (coz basically i moved out of my gorgous house and am really struggling finacially, im scared that may help him get custody coz i am so in debt!)

i sometimes feel i should just go back to my old life and make everyone happy, but i know i would be living a lie i have to tell them just dont know how,

and think thats the hardest thing ive got to do BUT after reading all your threads i know there are much worse things in life and it has helped me have a little perpestive thank you

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Oh my goodness. I can't begin to say how sorry I am for what you lovely people have had to go through.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I've had a lot of hard experiences in my life. I won't name them as some of them are fairly close to the surface today. But the thing that I've finally learned is that we don't have to get through them gracefully...but just GET THROUGH THEM. Most times I don't know how I'm doing it, but at some point, I wake up and realize, "I'm over it. I'm done grieving." I try to make that moment as memorable as the pain. It's what helps me remember later what I can look forward to.

• Balsam
    Balsam

My hard things:

Caring for my aging parents in their twilight years and being with them as they took their last breath and telling them I will always love them.

Having my 15 year old son Dak died after being allowed to riding home from the KH with another JW boy who was doing the driving and he killed my son with his reckless drving. Looking into my dead son's face and knowing I would never see that beautiful face again or touch him ever again. To feel myself smoothering inside because I could not take a breath the physical pain was so intense.

Divorce, helping my kids leave the JW's.

Starting life all over at age 50, like I'd died and been resurrected in a new life.

My only sister dying, leaving only my brother and I the last surviving members.

Through all this I know I am stronger, I'm a surviver. My parents and Dak along with my sister would want me to be all I can be. I know my children still need me to give them strength as they face the hardships of life themselves. Hardships can makes us strong if we let them, and don't let them destroy us.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Did you report that "Return Visit" to the Society?

They love stories about other assholes.

Sorry...

W.Once

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Walking away from my Mother in her casket , knowing I wouldn't see her again, smell hear, hear her or make it all better for her , after her suicide.

The birth and long recovery of my premature son, all the pain he went thru, not knowing for three years if he would live or die. And,,,,,,, I had to be the one to hold him down as they did all these procedures, test, surgeries.....I still get sick thinking about it. When he is as bad as he wants to be , BTW he is a normal healthy for the most part 10 year old.........I just remember the little tear I saw the first time I saw him . I will NEVER forget that.

Losing my religion, and losing myself all at the same time. I went thru so many emotions and so much pain, going way back to childhood things with my Mom and Dad, and all the JW stuff. I also cringe when I remember myself three years ago or so. It was such a dark time, and I did not go thru it gracefully at all .........as Billygoat said, that is not important , at least we made it thru huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit