Men are more intelligent than women.

by PaulJ 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Now we know why they've never sent a woman to the moon.

It doesn't need cleaning yet..

Englishman.

• Texas Apostate
    Texas Apostate

And this is news????

Just kidding

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I don't think that men are 'innately' more intelligent than women. Women have basically been 'conditioned' by men not to think too much. Your brain can't grow without exercise.

Isn't that what chivalry was really about? Keeping women from expressing themselves? Women were pampered, didn't have to open their own doors, didn't need an income or to pay for their own meals, didn't have to go to university, etc. Luckily that mentality is slowly dying, but I think it has something to do with some women's 'supposed' lower IQs. In many households the man is always left to make decisions, which also requires more brain exercise.

Then again, the valedictorian and saludavictorian (sp) of my high school class were both women, so we can't generalize.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

A study to be published later this year in the British Journal of Psychology says that men are on average five points ahead on IQ tests.

IQ tests are skewed towards white males anyway. I recall a study that said blacks IQs are lower, too. And then they figured out that the standard IQ tests aren't really formed to measure intelligence of every kind. They have to do with only certain areas of intelligence in white males. If you designed a test for the black man and his experience in life, white guys wouldn't do as well on it. Same for women. Design a test with women in mind and men won't do as well.

I score 138-142 when I take the tests. I generally miss the hardest questions only the geniuses get right such as the fish and they give you the length of the tail and you are supposed to figure out the length of the body and head or some such. There are still a lot of things I am not very smart with. I can't remember how to spell words that are inconsistent in the English language for the life of me. I'm not great with math either.

Now, I know a lot of guys who don't score as well on IQ tests as I do, but.....

What does a high IQ score mean? Since the IQ tests given most people measure a certain kind of intelligence you may or may not have, it may not mean that you are smarter than most people. If your score is lower than you feel it should be, you may be a genius in other ways that weren't measured by the IQ test you took. My exhusband scores 110, however the man is a genius when it comes to troubleshooting in industrial electrical work. He can take a machine the size of a house, that has quit working, and ask you what happend right before it stopped. He can look at the schematic drawings of the machine and find a wire in the middle of the machine and tell you, "Bingo, that's your problem! That little wire on such and such a circuit has burned in two." Am I smarter than him because I scored higher on the test? I am smart in some ways and he is smart in other ways. How can you say who is smarter? It's like comparing apples and pears.

As for men being smarter? Yeah, how many of them would throw away a good portion of their paycheck just trying to get a woman into bed? C'mon. You think a woman would do that?

• upside/down
    upside/down

but women are meaner...and you KNOW it! LOL!

u/d(of the hates mean girls class)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

A side note to add a little humor to the thread:

Isn't that what chivalry was really about?

And isn't dead. Last night we took the grandsons to the fair. I bought a big bag of cotton candy for them to share. I carried it though. Later, four year old Mickey offered to carry that heavy bag of cotton candy for me. (I'm sure he had No alterior motives )Like I said, chivalry is not dead.

• talesin
    talesin

sonny, I am getting a crush on you! ... couldn't have said it better myself.

t

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sonny, most people don't do a lot of thinking. Then again, some of us over think everything.

• love11
    love11

Maybe all that research is trying to say is that British men are smarter then British women. lol Just kidding!

There is no scientific way you could possibly come to that conclusion. Testing just a few people compared to the billions of humans, is not going to give you any kind of result. That's too funny! That's like saying that blue is a better color than pink! I like both colors for different reasons, scientifically speaking of course. LOL

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Men are more intelligent than women. (Link)

"Like anyone can even know that, Napoleon."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit