Men are more intelligent than women.

by PaulJ 65 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

My mum says men are only useful for two things - lifting heavy boxes, and ...she wont tell me the other one. Sigh. Guess I'll never know.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I'll show you if you like KK

• PaulJ
  • katiekitten
    katiekitten

Thats the kind of thing you should learn from your own mother, not a complete stranger over the internet when you are 35! (kk goes off to contemplate the new meaning in her life)

• PaulJ
  • funkyderek
    funkyderek

FlyingHighNow:

IQ tests are skewed towards white males anyway. I recall a study that said blacks IQs are lower, too. And then they figured out that the standard IQ tests aren't really formed to measure intelligence of every kind. They have to do with only certain areas of intelligence in white males. If you designed a test for the black man and his experience in life, white guys wouldn't do as well on it.

Are you saying - as you appear to be - that there is a fundamental difference between the brains of white people and those of black people? What would an IQ test for black people look like?

Same for women. Design a test with women in mind and men won't do as well.

True. Women tend to be better at multitasking and learning languages, for example, while men are generally better at math, science and spatial relations.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

True. Women tend to be better at multitasking and learning languages, for example, while men are generally better at math, science and spatial relations.

i'm good in all of the above (except multitasking). what does that make me? gay?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    IQ tests are skewed towards white males anyway. I recall a study that said blacks IQs are lower, too. And then they figured out that the standard IQ tests aren't really formed to measure intelligence of every kind. They have to do with only certain areas of intelligence in white males. If you designed a test for the black man and his experience in life, white guys wouldn't do as well on it.

Are you saying - as you appear to be - that there is a fundamental difference between the brains of white people and those of black people? What would an IQ test for black people look like?

Its to do with life experiences and what you are familiar with. When they started I.Q. tests in the 50's they used to results to 'prove' conclusively that blacks had lower I.Q.s than whites. Then some bright spark tweaked the questions and included things they would be familiar with and LO they had higher I.Q.'s. (Showing that if you are given a maths question based on things you are good at - say degrees because youre a skateboarder and know the names in degrees of all the turns - you will be able to do the question, whereas if you were given the same question, but it was based on, say, a ships compass you would probably get the question wrong - I see it all the time with kids. They can only comprehend things in contexts that they already understand).

Same with boys and girls. Girls now outperform boys in all subjects at all levels throughout primary and secondary school in the UK. But that trend co-incided with the introduction of coursework as part of the examinations. Boys are not good at sustained projects in school work, theyre better at one shot examinations. They are not good at written and verbal things - coursework involves a lot more writing. Girls have much stronger written and verbal skills.

But women still earn on average 70% of an average mans wage, so who gives a toss that boys dont do as well at school? Not me. If they cant be arsed to learn, I cant be arsed to waste my good time teaching 'em, especially when they are still going to earn more on average than women anyway.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

They should get an IQ test designed by a broad range of races, a truly international group, equal sexes, broad age-range and create a definitive test for everyone.... THEN see what the results are....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Same for women. Design a test with women in mind and men won't do as well.

The article I read pointed out that a lot of blacks had such different experiences at home, culturally and in school and that the current IQ tests were biased against them, having been designed for the white male with a different experience. IQ tests contain vocabulary words, math questions and other types of questions that can be biased in favor of culture. The article said nothing about differences in the brains. That is your assumption, that anyone meant that. I would assume that vocabulary and wording would be the culprit here. I don't know how accurate the article was. But I recall that people wanted to design tests with cultural differences in mind. The article was in response to studies that showed how people of different cultures score on IQ tests. Thank you, KK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit