Men are more intelligent than women.

by PaulJ 65 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

FlyingHighNow:

IQ tests contain vocabulary words, math questions and other types of questions that can be biased in favor of culture.

IQ tests are specifically designed, as far as possible, to be culture-free They normally don't include vocabulary tests although they require a certain minimum level of knowledge of the language. Anyone who has been to school for a couple of years should have enough vocabulary to take an IQ test. I don't understand how math questions can be culturally biased. Can black people not count?

What sort of questions specificially would be a problem for black people, and what would you replace them with?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I don't understand how math questions can be culturally biased. Can black people not count?

What sort of questions specificially would be a problem for black people, and what would you replace them with?

I suggest that you read KatyKitten's comments again and do some research yourself, there's a lot of information on this subject and it's nothing new. You're trying to make this into something it's not. But then that's what you do with a lot of comments people make here on JWD. You like to insert controversy when there isn't any. It's okay though, once in a while you make sense. This just isn't one of them. I take into mind your age and your personality, when you do things like this, and I give you a bit of tolerance.

• John Doe
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thanks, John Doe. This is exactly what I was talking about, the info on your link and it should answer Funky D's questions.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

FlyingHighNow:

I suggest that you read KatyKitten's comments again and do some research yourself, there's a lot of information on this subject and it's nothing new.

OK, I just assumed that as you had a strong opinion on this subject, you had already done the research and would be willing to share it.

You're trying to make this into something it's not. But then that's what you do with a lot of comments people make here on JWD. You like to insert controversy when there isn't any.

That's true. I think there should be controversy over this issue. Do black people really perform worse in intelligence tests? If so, is it because the tests are biased, because white people are inherently more intelligent than black people, or because of some sort of cultural differences?

It's okay though, once in a while you make sense.

Thank you. I'm sure you do too.

This just isn't one of them.

Specifically, what did I write that didn't make sense? Most of what I wrote was in the form of questions. Did the questions not make sense?

I take into mind your age and your personality, when you do things like this, and I give you a bit of tolerance.

There's no need. I make no such allowances for you.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    There's no need. I make no such allowances for you.

Lol. Morning, Derek.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit