Do You Buy Your Woman Her Girl Stuff?

by horrible life 55 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Do British people still freak out about women's periods and period stuff? Or is that a myth? Aren't bloody and bleedin' supposed to be insults that are based on periods? If so, does this make a lot of British men even more shy about buying feminine products?

• avishai
    avishai
    Aren't bloody and bleedin' supposed to be insults that are based on periods?

I always heard that bloody was a contraction of "by our lady" therefore a profanity based on Mary, in the realm of Goddamit, etc.

• talesin
    talesin

Well, I can speak for my ex,, he was surprised anyone would care anymore. "It's no different than you buying my razor blades", said he. Same as condoms. I always got them. No biggie. It's funny, but he was embarrassed to buy condoms! All women have a menstrual period, and we all have sex (well, mostly hehe). It's the 21st century, and no longer a big mystery. lol, even my father doesn't get embarrassed over that stuff anymore, and he is in his 70s. He will sigh, roll his eyes and then grin ,,, "Sure, I'll pick them up, as long as you tell me the brand."

HL, it sounds like your hubby is a sweetie, just like you!

tal

• Carmel
    Carmel

err...slow night eh?

caveman

• prophesariah
    prophesariah

No problem for my hubby. I think he enjoys getting such products just to see the looks others give.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Tis True. Was always proud to be a Girlie Man Gofer

• prophecor
    prophecor

Was always especially fond of the lingerie department, those frilly nilly thingies, ya know?

Always had a penchant for picking out her panties

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Personally, no, I wouldn't.

Unless my girl is on her deathbed, there's no reason why she can't buy it for herself.

Think about it. A woman KNOWS when it's 'that time of the month'. What would possess her to run out of pads and tell her man to go to the store to get more? That's not very classy IMO. That's a very 'personal' matter and shouldn't involve anyone else, yet alone a member of the opposite sex, regardless of his role in the relationship. Am I out of line for saying this?

I don't even like buying condoms, and they're for both of us.

• zev
    zev

have and will, i have no hangups as long as i know exactly what i am going for.

and i dont need condoms, thank the lords of kobol!

• Golf
    Golf

No problem. If anything, I like the looks people give me. I usually made jokes out of such situations. Whatcha doing is a natural thing, so, why worry?

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit