Do You Buy Your Woman Her Girl Stuff?

by horrible life 55 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

My husband is not afraid, embarressed, or ashamed to go to the store for myself or our daughter. I have been with him, searching for a certain size tampon. He will go to the store and buy napkins, after writing down what brand, size and absorbancy it is. I knew this before I married him. He did it for his oldest daughter. It is one of the reasons I fell in love with him, 25 years ago.

Reading Tsunami's thread about condoms made me think. How many men feel comfortable with their MANHOOD, to do this for their women in their lives? HL

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - I will buy perfume , and diapers but not wanted or needed to go that far thankyou

• damselfly
    damselfly

My partner won't even go into my purse incase he spots 'something'. Fine with me, I know that my change is safe.

I have a friend whos man asked if she HAD to keep her stuff under the sink. She said don't be stupid, where would you like me to keep it? on top of the sink?

Dams

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Absolutely I have and would. I see nothing about it that should be embarrassing, it's not like no one can tell they're not for ME!

WLG

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    I have a friend whos man asked if she HAD to keep her stuff under the sink. She said ;don't be stupid, where would you like me to keep it? on top of the sink?

Is this this silliest damn attitude, or what? They don't seem to mind that the 'stuff' between their legs goes into the same place the 'stuff' under the sink does...

• horrible life
    horrible life

I just asked my husband, "If I asked you to go to Walmart, and buy me a douche, a nice floral scent, would you?" He said, "Yes, would they be next to the tampons?" Gawd I love this man!!!!!!! HL

• avishai
    avishai

I have no problem with it. Why would I? Shoot, i delivered my kid, I've worked in group homes with medically fragile people, etc. People need to get over themselves and their phobias. God help us if we run out of power and/or a Mad Max scenerio were to happen. We'd be Hosed.

• Scully
    Scully

I know that Mr Scully would do it if I asked him to do it, even though he would find it highly embarrassing. But I have never asked him to, and don't intend to start. I was perfectly capable of buying my own pads and tampons before I met him, and as long as I am able-bodied, I plan on keeping it that way.

I don't see what a huge accomplishment it is for a woman to be able to get her man to go to the store and purchase feminine hygiene products for her. If that's what people consider an act of True Loveā„¢, I can think of other things I'd much prefer over that.

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    I don't see what a huge accomplishment it is for a woman to be able to get her man to go to the store and purchase feminine hygiene products for her.

I wouldn't send my husband out to purchase tampons or any other femine hygeine products for my use just to say that I could, that is silly. But if he's the one going to the store, and it's on the list of things we need to buy, I absolutely would ask him to. This is my husband, for heaven's sake--he's had more contact with the bodily region involved than anyone else--he can handle it. I'm not going to make a clandestine, extra trip to the store to pick up something that nearly every woman on earth needs on a monthly basis

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Is this this silliest damn attitude, or what? They don't seem to mind that the 'stuff' between their legs goes into the same place the 'stuff' under the sink does...

Isn't that the truth?

Andy's very good about getting me anything I need at the store. He's not shy about such things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit