What Motivates YOU to Post Here?

by trevor 40 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

mrsjones5 - You asked what my point was. I was not making a point but responding to your comment:

defd was no an innocent party here and he got as good as he gave and better.

There are no rules to say we can’t give as good as we get to struggling Witnesses but this thread has been asking if this is the best way to produce results.

As we have been through what they are still going through and moved beyond their limited view of the world there might be a more productive approach. As Lady Lee said:

I used to be one of them. So did many if not most of you. Remember how deluded we were? Well so is the poor JW who wanders in here.

Lady Lee

Thanks for your input. You summed up what I was trying to say.

trevor

• prophecor
    prophecor

I don't nor have I ever really gotten into the whole defd debacle, I post for the new ones here who cannot be counted, the untold millions who maybe watching, waiting in the shadows. Sitting in the dark spaces, I was one of those who believed I was as good as dead. In fact, I was worse than dead. It was only after finding this place here, that I was able to get some distance between me, and the Hell of being a non person as far as the society was concerned. I wasn't even as good as dead. I was worse than dead.

If anyone else can gather anything from my comments, my views, my story, if any lurkers who hide in the shadows can get away from the struggle, to get beyond the sheltered existence that life as a JW can have upon you, then I have done my duty. I bet I'm being monitored by those that once knew me in a previous life as a witness, and that's OK too.

You can't come inside this shelter, and not be affected by what transpires here. You cannot come aboard and look around and not have your thinking challenged. You canot come inside here one way, and leave the same way as you came in.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

The thing with Defd was he didnt want to discuss anything. He wouldnt reason, he wouldnt answer questions and he would always turn the questions around. I hope he come back.

I hope that my posts help people reading the site, makes them think (although sometimes I just talk rubbish)

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
  • vitty
    vitty

Paulj

What do you expect he was a active witness! Werent you the same when you were in, I know I was, but I believe he started to agree with things being said.

He diagreed with shunning, he said he was having trouble in his KH and was considering not going there, because of the way some of the "FREINDS" were treated. This was a good opportunity for us to show how supportive we are compared to those in his hall. Even if he was snide or rude, he was too me once, I just ignored it and continued to reply to him. I think he was struggling and was sad with the org, he said it many times, he just felt he needed to defend Jehovahs name.

We also dont know how many JWs lurk here, reading posts and seeing how ppl are treated.

I agree with Ladylee and I think he was shouted down and attacked by some,

I post here because I wandered on this site and realized there were others out there that felt as I did.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I am a 40 year old woman. I am a stay at home mother who use to have an outside job. I live in the real world where my opinions dont always agree with those around me. Do I expected to be babied when I run into a controversy of differenting opinions? No. Do I think I am always right? No. If someone one points out that I am heading in the wrong direction do I automatically think they are evil, misinformed, hateful, or out to get me? No.

In the real world there is compromise, and sometimes a willingness to agree to disagree. I saw none of that with defd and I really dont care if he is emerging from the jws. I dont have to like him, I dont have to care about him. He tried to converse with me in pm but it was only about what he thought I didnt know about the jws and whether I should think of coming back. Please!

Also if you read his posts he was not very honest about why he was here and who he would talk to. He just couldnt get that last lie straight.

Like I said before I am glad he is gone, though I feel he's not that far away.

Josie

• PaulJ
    PaulJ
    What do you expect he was a active witness!

Vitty, you are right! JW's are quite deaf to the REAL truth. Thing is i found it hard to comprehend that someone could visit this site, read about the child abuse, the UN, Mexico/Malawi etc etc and STILL insist on defending the JW's.

When people come to this site surely discussion is 2-way. With Defd it never was, he just wanted a platform to preach.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Thanks for the compliment trev ! Catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar .

As for dfed, I do hope he's still reading on the forum even though he's not posting. I believe he will come around.

• minimus
    minimus

I am trying to help lurkers and others reaffirm that the JW religion is bogus. I think I'm succeeding quite well, if I should say so myself!

• Bryan
    Bryan

I post to help others who are or have been through the same as me. As well, I want to inform those who are not Witnesses just what we, as ex-jw's, have lost.

Also, I want the lurkers to have something to think about.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit