Our Own Conference

by Valis 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

One way to make money for the event is book sales. You buy the book (possible consignment) from the publishing company/author (the industry standard would 40% discount) then he/she signs the book.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• talesin
    talesin

Possible topics,

~ What can I do\ Oh oops, I was editing and lost it.

• talesin
    talesin

~ Legal issues for those divorcing.

What rights do you have regarding the spiritual welfare of your children? XXX addresses some of the legal implications involved in this complex issue.

~ Are you a UBM?

A frank round-table discussion presentation by three apostates whose spouses are firmly entrenched within the b'Org. Sharing of experiences, discussion of ways to present information, and how this affects the family dynamic will be featured. * 15 minute open mike session at end of discussion, questions invited from the audience.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I definately think it would be great to be able to organize a "resistance movement" for lack of a better term. Much ggod could come from getting minds together. There are so many out there that are inactive, df'ed, da'd that don't even realize how many more of us are here.

This is something I've thought about for some time now, if just a few wanted to step up and start an organized entity strictly for helping others move past the cult, I'd back it with everything I had.

WLG

• Valis
    Valis

Thanks for your comments! It looks like I already have one professor onboard for whenever we could make this happen...professor of world religion and also psychology. I am hoping I get responses as it would be cool to have some of the people I have emailed already. Anyone have ideas for videos we could or should play?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I've mentioned the differences in issues Men and Women ex-jw's have experienced, another topic would be gays, in and out

• Valis
    Valis

I am also betting we could do some webcasts for folks here who could not attend. All our classrooms are wired for net access...AND I know of couple XJW geeks who live in these parts..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• damselfly
    damselfly

Those were awesome topics Talesin!

Women are smarter in Nova Scotia!

Dams

• logansrun
    logansrun

What a great idea. It's not like we have something like the internet to talk about the JWs to death.

B. (yes, I'm being a smartass...)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I am also betting we could do some webcasts for folks here who could not attend. All our classrooms are wired for net access...AND I know of couple XJW geeks who live in these parts..

THAT would be Awesome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit