A continuation of defd's discussion

by cruzanheart 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Isn't it sad Defd, that raising your children today, you know that soon they will make their own choice in life. And at that time you may get to turn your back on them and shun them!

Defd, I am almost positive that the 'mental regulating' you have been subjected to nurtured with by the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society will enable you to effectively view your offspring as human bird feed should they decide to reject the heretical WT doctrines and you will be able to treat them as if you never ever knew who they were or where they originated from. You can expect some great rewards for putting your God first in this matter instead of considering the teachings of Jesus Christ.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

To me it seems that defd takes to heart that those of us who have left are now out there committing all sorts of moral sins and also teaching our children to do so.

Just to set you straight about my life and how I raise my kids defd, this is how it goes in my house.

My husband and I are the parents of 4 children under 12, we demand respect but we also show respect to our children. We do not call them names, we do not expect them to act as adults, we set rules and are teaching them boundries (you child, me adult). The children are not allowed to cuss or swear, they cant even say "stupid" or "butt" though my oldest seems to find every opportunity to do so. The children can play outside but if they want to go over someone's house an adult has to be there to supervise. The children are required to respond to us with "yes ma'am or yes sir" We are still working on the chores. We have taught them that stealing and lying is wrong - and yes we have had problems with petty theft but on the whole the children are quite honest especially the 4 year old On the whole my children are very polite when out in public (oh yes they can be quite a noisy bunch at home) and we get comments all the time on how well behaved they are.

And last but not least I give and get more hugs and kisses from my children than I ever got or gave to my parents. I love that.

jws dont not have the market cornered on morality or child rearing - it is possible to raise nice well adjusted kids outside of the organization.

Josie

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    And last but not least I give and get more hugs and kisses from my children than I ever got or gave to my parents. I love that.

jws dont not have the market cornered on morality or child rearing - it is possible to raise nice well adjusted kids outside of the organization.

Yes it is.

so many times I hear from even my JW relatives how their parents were basically WT taskmasters expecting even demanding from their children nothing but blind obedience to themselves and WT dictates. These people decry how everything that their parents thought were good times for them centered around some soceity scheduled theocratic activity......just as the soceity trains people to think.

Jw's having the market cornered on morality and child rearing.....

I wish I could tell that sarcastically to all the JW parents I knew growing up whose children both boys and girls were running around banging each other and worldlies like rabbits in a briarpatch, and being ready for service with JW plastered smiling faces on saturday and sunday mornings.

so much for all that "mental regulating"......

• vitty
    vitty

Defd

How many posts are you allowed each day I have 75, I thought everyone had the same!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    How many posts are you allowed each day I have 75, I thought everyone had the same!

I am allowed 75 too. I thought it was the same for every poster.

Annie

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

Defd it seems that you are confused as to how my wife and I have decided to raise our child. You are suggesting that we are letting our child make all his decisions and decide right from wrong from here on out. Actually, this so far from the truth! On the subject of bad association for instance, We go deeper than 1 Cor 15:33. Just like a JW we explain what bad association means. For him it would be mean kids, kids that use bad words, kids that bully ect. At our house we dont use words like idiot or stupid and my son is the first to correct you if you slip up. He knows that no one is considered stupid. So when I tell him if something seems wrong or if someone seems to be a bad person, make a Christian decision and dont associate with that child. Today he came home from his first day of school and told me that some kids wouldnt share but that he did. He also told me that there was a little girl that was using alot of bad language and he avoided her. You can bet that this made me feel very good as a parent. I will not completely shelter my son like a JW is supposed to. There was an example at the assembly of a little boy that really wanted to play basketball after school with a neighbor but he talked himself out of it because this boy was not a JW. I will never have a blanket rule layed down and enforced where everyone not a JW is off limits and bad association. My son will have a balanced view of people and he will understand there are good people and bad people. He will be armed with the ability to distinguish between the two without being judgemental, but do so out of good common sence and a healthy understanding of what is wrong and what is right.

Defd, if you believe that the JW's have the truth then good for you. I would never want to shake your faith in the WT if it makes you a better person and you believe it to be the truth. Im not sure what your story is because I havent read back to see where your coming from but dont ever ever assume that just because someone walks away from the JW religion that person automatically becomes bad or immoral. I will not grow my hair long, I will not smoke or start drinking heavily like most of my JW friends. I will not steal or cheat on my wife. What I will do though is use my bible reading and Christian conscience to make all my own decisions apart from the Watchtower. I will quit relying on men to lead me and start relying on Jehovah. I know longer have to have all the answers to every verse in Daniel or Revelation. I am content now with a simple belief system of basically how a Christian should act according to the example of Jesus and the letters from Paul to the congregations. I hope this clears some things up for you.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Amazing how you can spot a Witty trying to preach - always full of spelling errors. Anyhoo.

First of I'd like to commend defd for bringing out that we should train our children - yes we must train them to love & obey Jehovah God & Jesus. You see I have a problem with worshiping 2 Gods. I worship one God. Then there is the problem of listening to Gods' voice - you don't do that - you listen to a man made organisation that puts themselves on par with these two Gods that you worship. Can't worship an organisation.

Secondly - and this is speaking from experience. I have seen children being raised up in this religion turning out to be the filthiest of fornicators.....so ja that is bollocks that they WILL turn out to be God fearing people - they probably will turn out to fear your 2 Gods & your high and mighty organisation.

I'm so sorry but there is no way I'd ever allow my children to be raised by an organisation that thinks that if a woman doesn't scream out loud when she is getting raped that she is actually consenting to sex and is defd for fornication......no no I just can't.

• gringojj
    gringojj

Defd you say that we have to raise our children to the know "the truth", which you say you do. So does that mean you do or would raise your children to think its okay to hang around with a bunch of apostates? The wts teaches that you are not supposed to do that, you do, so would you teahc your children too?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Defd, if you really care for your children's well-being you have already asked your local body of elders how many cases of child molestation have been reported to them in the congregation and how have they responded to those allegations. You have also asked for the names of those accused so that you can take appropriate measures that they are not alone with your children. This does not mean that you have judged them guilty but rather, that due to your Christian conscience your children's well-being is foremost in your thoughts.

• shera
    shera

It very Naive for any one to think their children are perfectly behaved. Just another example of jw,self righteousness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit