A continuation of defd's discussion

by cruzanheart 57 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Another point IMO is that the things I (and Cruzan and Big Tex) are proud of our children for are things like honesty, good behaviour, effort at school, good personal skills, not getting involved in poor and disaffected behaviour.

I am assuming (and id like to hope I am wrong) that these things alone are not good enough to bring 'praise to Jehovah' . A kid would also have to do things like not get involved in any celebrations, not go to assembly, not salute the flag and not do afterschool sports to really make Jehovah and Dfed happy.

Now, personally, I cant see how those other things really add anything to the kids basic personality and values. And they certainly arent the deciding factor that makes, for instance, a teacher think 'oh what a well behaved child who is a credit to the parents'. In fact those other things REALLY do not serve as a 'witness to the world'. Its the first set of qualities that are the real 'witness'. The second set just make people think "FREAKS'.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I (and Cruzan and Big Tex) are proud of our children for are things like honesty, good behaviour, effort at school, good personal skills, not getting involved in poor and disaffected behaviour.

Me too, me too, I love it when my kids do me proud by being just good kids and people tell me how well behaved they are and how they are a joy to be around.

Josie

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Exactly, Mrs Jones.

And how much would not going to a birthday party add to that pride? NOT ONE BIT!

• defd
    defd

You all, as usually have twisted my comments. I NEVER once said my kids were perfect. My comments had nothing to do with raising kids AT FIRST. <---note. If yall read the post from the beginning i was not attacking them. I was AGREEING with them. They are the ones who felt they may have handed thier child over to Satan, not me. I just agreed with them and told them why i feel that way. You all turned it around to make it seem i was attacking..

I made the statement about feeling sorry for your kids because........ well, if you read the post someone asked me if I had kids and when I said yes SHE said she felt sorry for my kids. I defended myself. Go back and read the posts or maybe we can break it down post by post to see how things were turned around.

• jgnat
    jgnat

A swarm can be an annoying thing. Way back a couple of pages I asked for your interpretation of "mental regulating".

Thanks.

• trevor
    trevor

Defd

You have recently stated that:

Actually being here has help me become more determined to stick by Jehovah’s Visible Organization.

You have been advised by ‘Jehovah’s Visible Organization,’ that apostate sites such as this are ‘demon inspired’ and using them can attract the demons into your home. How can you continue to ignore such advise, on a daily basis, and put your family in danger?

• defd
    defd

apostate sites such as this are ‘demon inspired’ and using them can attract the demons into your home. How can you continue to ignore such advise, on a daily basis,and put your family in danger?

Same ? can be asked to YOU. How can you continue to ignore such advise, on a daily basis,and put your family in danger?

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    I am allowed 75 too. I thought it was the same for every poster.

I've been allowed 75 posts and 2 topics daily since day one.

I guess defd doesn't consider lying a sin.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ
    Same ? can be asked to YOU. How can you continue to ignore such advise, on a daily basis,and put your family in danger?

We dont claim to live by their standards. You are avoiding the question yourself!!!! By claiming to be a JW, you have to live by the rules laid out by the FDS. By coming here you are violating their guidlines. Do they know you are here?

• trevor
    trevor

Defd

I do not believe the Watchtower Society threats about danger from demons and have left. You claim that you do believe in them.

Surely you did not need me to explain such an obvious difference to you.

Hence my question remains?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit