A continuation of defd's discussion

by cruzanheart 57 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

From personal experience, as one who endured over 50 years of TYRANNICAL BULLYING and LYING MANIPULATION (until the perpetrator died), stopping only short of physical force (but included violating laws against my person in the name of WTS), to go to meetings, etceteras, etceteras, I can tell you that NO MATTER WHAT THE SCRIPTURAL ADMONITION IS it is better to just BACK OFF and let the individual TARGETED exercise his GOD GIVEN (even by JW’s teaching) FREE MORAL AGENCY.

If you have other plans/ideas for your offspring than they will perform, TOO BAD!!!

If such is the case, you will have to GET OUT AND PUSH: can you shoulder their burden for them?

I don’t think god would allow that, so wake up.

God is smarter than you: he wants a WILLING participant.

Mustang

Who does God’s will minus the Warped Tract Solicitors

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Dfed,

If you ever get the honor and privilege of meeting Big Tex and Cruzan's children, you will be humbled. They are fabulously behaved, intelligent, witty, and kind children. Their generous hearts are something that every parent would want for their child to have. I'm proud of them and they aren't even my kids! And I'm proud of Big Tex and Cruzan in their ability to take that step of faith outside of instruction from a religion. Your religion is NOT the voice of God. Your religion is NOT God. They are two totally separate things. Leaving your religion does not mean leaving God.

I don't have children, but it wasn't that long ago that I was a JW child. All I know is that I wasn't given a choice. I was TOLD to NOT celebrate holidays and birthdays. I was TOLD to NOT play with worldly kids. I was TOLD to NOT do this or that because it made Jehovah angry. Yes, it is the parent's responsibility to train their child, but more often than not JW children do NOT GET A CHOICE. Was I allowed to figure out whether it was good or bad? Nope. No choice whatsoever. When I was finally old enough to make my own choice, I was canned. What choice did I have???

As ex-Witnesses, we KNOW what the rules are. We KNOW what a good "witness" is. With what you say here (by you even being here!), if I were studying with you, I would say, "Nuh-huh. He's the total opposite of what a Christian should be." Christian Love? Are you completely comfortable with saying that you follow the fruits of the spirit and are loving here? Love is kind. Love is generous. Love is forgiving. Can I read your post history and use those words to describe you? I'm not answering, I'm asking.

Andi

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Billygoat))))) Thanks for that -- I will have to let the kids read what you said about them!

Hugs,

Nina

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    And please remember the old adage: "You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar." Your fire-and-brimstone lectures are not effective, just amusing.

Obey!!! erm.... amen.

(sorry, but gringojj-isms pop up from time to time)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

One of the biggest defects in the JW way of bringing up kids is that the parents do exactly what df says:

As long as they are children the parents decide for them what to believe, what to do how to think what to wear who to play with what they can't believe or think.

Then: BANG! The child is grown up and "You're on your own now. Make your own decisions. But if they aren't what we want then you'll be disfellowshipped and we will never speak to you again because you are bird food."

Parents need to help kids to reason for themselves as to what is right or true or good, and hope and trust that they have done their best without stunting the childs own moral and spiritual development - even if as adults they make a reasoned choice opposite to what we would ideally wish.

Witness kids are so controlled that the idea is actually planted in their head that out of sight, they will do bad things because that is what unsupervised children do. I know. And I read the the WT so don't even attempt to deny it. When they are adults they are often badly developed socially, legalistic on right and wrong, sniffy around "worldlings" and unable to fit into the real world. (Of course that's what the WTBS wants. No sane parent would want tocripple their child like this.)

Incidentally - if wordly parents all did such a bad job the world would be far far FAR worse than it is. The world in so many ways is truly better than say 1000 years ago, and it happened without the help of Crooklyn Brothel.

HB

• Bryan
    Bryan

Defd,

When they are old enough to decide for them selves it is out of our hands as parents.

Isn't it sad Defd, that raising your children today, you know that soon they will make their own choice in life. And at that time you may get to turn your back on them and shun them! What a horrible thought while raising your beautiful children.

I was a witness for close to a quarter century, and made servant, and I still can't understand it.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Defd

You never cease to amaze me, how can you make any link at all between the Watchtower and God?

Its a simple question, and I would appreciate an answer when your 24 hours are up please.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Bryan-

Is your avatar one of those walking machines from the film "Screamers" based on a Philip K Dick story? In view of the topic I find it a scary coincidence...

HB (of the stuffing his cheekpouches before the screamers come to get him class).

• lola28
    lola28

Sorry, I don't mean to get of topic but can someone answer a question about dfed that has been on my mind? Is he or she disfellowshiped? From what I gather dfed goes to meetings so wht the heck is he/she doing here?

lola

• Bryan
    Bryan
    Is your avatar one of those walking machines from the film "Screamers"

You silly Hamster.....

That is a picture my father took of me soon after abducting me. He sent it to my mother.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit