What Happened?

by hibiscusfire 62 Replies latest social current

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A few years ago, late one night when I was living in an apartment (facing a street) in Oakland, I heard a commotion outside my window. It was so loud it woke me right up. I looked out my window and saw 3 people, 2 women and 1 man. One of the women was walking a dog and was in arguement with the other woman. The man was just standing there. Women without dog attacks Woman with dog. Woman with dog starts screaming. I call out my window that I can see what is going on and I'm calling the cops, which I promptly did. Woman without dog runs for her car, gets in, and hits Woman with dog with her car and then takes off. I get off the phone with the cops and run outside in my jammies and housecoat. Hubby says where are you going? Dont get involved. I say that the Woman with the dog just got hit by a car and I have to go help her. I get down stairs, go outside, and approach the Woman with the dog (the dog has run away by now) she keeps repeating a number (I find out later that she is a San Francisco cop and is repeating her badge number). I put my hands on her and tell her that help is coming, I feel her head and she has a huge bump on the back of her head. The Man that was there approaches and says he didnt do anything, not even asking if the Woman with dog is OK. I stay with the woman until the paramedics and cops come. I give a report to the cops about what I saw. They take the Woman with dog away. I find out later that she is OK and she and her partner send me a card of Thanks.

Josie

Oh yeah, the Woman without a dog got arrested and sent to jail for attacking a cop. Oh, I should also say there were quite a few people peeking out their windows but only 2 people other than myself came outside to see about the Woman with dog.

• Mecurious?
  • GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I had to give the beat down to some guy who hit his girlfriend once. It would have been easier to just jump in a cab and speed off while giving them both the middle finger, but what person in their right minds could just leave that type of a situation and not do anything?

GBL

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Mrs. Jones: Oh yeah, the Woman without a dog got arrested and sent to jail for attacking a cop. Oh, I should also say there were quite a few people peeking out their windows but only 2 people other than myself came outside to see about the Woman with dog. That was admirable. Where I live the person who went to jail would take revenge. They don't stay very long in jail. HF

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I had to give the beat down to some guy who hit his girlfriend once. It would have been easier to just jump in a cab and speed off while giving them both the middle finger, but what person in their right minds could just leave that type of a situation and not do anything?

GBL It's not that simple here. The guy would come after you and kill you or get people to do that. It's getting bad here. HF

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Why don't you tell us what city you live in Hibbie? It's not like you have to worry about some elder calling at your door trying to disfellowship you.

GBL

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Hib....where do you live???

I have been in very similar incidents as you have just described. There were many things you could have done but chose not to.
    1.) Stay with the woman and ask people w/ cell phones to call 911, 999 whatever.
    2.) Taken the cab to the Police Station and tell them the situation....the vagrant may have been arrested doing so. You, an upstanding citizen could have.
    3.) Insisted the cab driver help you pull her into the cab and drop her off at the hospital...no questions asked. This would have turned her over to someone who actually could have cared for her.
    4.) Insist the cab driver use his radio to call dispatch to have them call 911.

I hope I never fall over in your proximity Hib. Sheesh. But what do I know, I'm only a lousy homo without Christ as my savior.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Why don't you tell us what city you live in Hibbie? It's not like you have to worry about some elder calling at your door trying to disfellowship you.

GBL I rather not say. I think it's too embarrassing. My country has changed. Infact we had a second small bomb attack this morning in the capital city. HF

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

EF:

I hope I never fall over in your proximity Hib. Sheesh. But what do I know, I'm only a lousy homo without Christ as my savior.

Was that called for????

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Geez Hibis where do you live?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit